Air Compressor Installation

Leadsled9,

Also wanted to compliment your install. As with all your mods, very cool.

Cheers, Sam

leadsled9 said:
Yep, that would have worked.....I guess I had a "Senior Moment."
As I was reading I thought "why not just put the spare on the front and move the good front to the rear?" I don't think that you'd even need to inflate the low/flat tire.

[ANECDOTE]Years ago a friend had a flat on his fiberglass buggy while in DV. To make it worse, it was dusk (of course!). A note about my friend's buggy, it forever had one or the other headlight out. I think it had gremlins...
No spare with any of them (not unusual, no place to put them in a buggy) and the cut was too big to patch or tube (they did have one of those along). It was the driver's front, so they moved the right-rear to the front and the right-front to the rear. Bear in mind that there is a significant difference in tire sizes. OK, so now the buggy sat oddly but it held the LF up off the ground. At least until he climbed in to see if it was drivable. Then it 'teeter-totered' to put the LF brake drum on the ground. So he moved to the pass side front seat and it 'teeter-totered' back onto the 3 remaining tires. It took them an hour to cover the 50 miles back to camp. Apparently one of the NPS Rangers nearly drove off the road when he spotted a 3 wheeled, "driverless" dune buggy with one headlight coming down the highway.[/ANECDOTE]

I'm *right now* working out the bracket to mount a large DC powered compressor from an air ride system found in the You-Pull-It to the frame under the bed of our CTD. Can't drill holes w/o dropping the fuel tank, so it'll be a clamp-on design. Plan is to bolt the tank in the same place on the passenger side.

ntsqd said:
I'm *right now* working out the bracket to mount a large DC powered compressor from an air ride system found in the You-Pull-It to the frame under the bed of our CTD. Can't drill holes w/o dropping the fuel tank, so it'll be a clamp-on design. Plan is to bolt the tank in the same place on the passenger side.
Sounds interesting...please take pictures.....

Nice job. I am looking at oba options. How long did it take to air a tire up? Did you run an Impact with it? Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom