ALERT: Stolen 4WD Eagle camper, on Toyota Tacoma, silver, '06.

ColoradoGuy

Bummer. Happened today under the most unusual circumstances. On a whim, I decided to go skiing for the first time in 25 years. Back in the day, I was a professional skier until I turned 30.

I gave up skiing for the corporate jungle and retired to a nice life of camping and trout fishing 100 nights or more a year. Today, I went skiing for the first time in 25 years, at Winter Park, where I was a full-timer on the ski school in the early '70s.

Lo and behold, I return to the parking lot and find that my truck and camper are long gone. Should anyone spot the rig I described, I'd appreciate a response.

Things are bad all over, and I might need that camper myself just to live in, in case I lose my house.

Thanks, forum pals.

Holy Sh--!

I hope things turn out all right for you. I really do know that feeling when you realize why you can't find your truck where you parked it. I was fortunate and got mine back a week later. I hope you have similar fortune. At least you know if the culprit tries to sell the camper, someone on this forum will see the advertisement and alert you.

Wow, sorry to hear this. If you have a picture to post it might help your cause. Another good place to make a similar post would be on expeditionportal.com, they have many members. The more eyes the better.
I hope you get your truck and camper back soon.

So sorry...Well keep a watch...

We'll be out between Washington and New Mexico for the next two months and we always check out every FWC we see...we'll keep a watch.

A picture would help a lot and so would a description of any out of the ordinary stuff...dent/scratch/sticker/something you added non-stock/tires (make, model, size)...that kind of stuff.

I've only had a few small things stolen but even then it makes me mad as H---!!! I'll be glad to do a pay-back if I can help nail the toad that took your rig.:mad:

Thanks fellas

Sorry, no pics available, and even if I had one, my techie skills are such that I couldn't post it.

Here's a couple more details: The Eagle is a shell model, with an extra window on the side where a stove would normally be found. The camper has an Obama sticker over the back door, and a Denver Broncos bumper sticker on the rear. Colorado plates, 652-NNC (or something close).

Yes, I'm mindful that this happened under the watch of GWB, and I'm holding him personally responsible.

Thanks for your interest.

We'll be looking. It'd think its likely going to be hard to move a FWC without attracting attention but then again who knows. Good luck!

Hey ColoradoGuy

do you know what year the camper was ??

what the serial number was ??

did your camper have tail lights built into the back of the camper ??

or was it like the "new style" eagle model with no tail lights built into the camper ?

I will keep my eyes and ears open.

Feel free to e-mail me your contact information, home phone, cell phone, etc. to ... STAN@FOURWH.COM

We have found a coulple of stolen campers over the years for our customers and turned in the "bad guys".

Most guys that steal a FWC have no idea what it is, how to get it off the truck, what the value is, etc.

And Eagle Shell Model with windows on both sides of the camper is NOT common, so it might make the search a bit easier.

Shoot me your contact info when you have a moment.

Good luck !

Bummer. Happened today under the most unusual circumstances. On a whim, I decided to go skiing for the first time in 25 years. Back in the day, I was a professional skier until I turned 30.

I gave up skiing for the corporate jungle and retired to a nice life of camping and trout fishing 100 nights or more a year. Today, I went skiing for the first time in 25 years, at Winter Park, where I was a full-timer on the ski school in the early '70s.

Lo and behold, I return to the parking lot and find that my truck and camper are long gone. Should anyone spot the rig I described, I'd appreciate a response.

Things are bad all over, and I might need that camper myself just to live in, in case I lose my house.

Thanks, forum pals.
That extra window will make the Eagle stand out. I'll keep both eyes open for it here in Southern NM

Highz

Another set of eyes

Man, that really sucks. I don't know what others have done, but I carry a rider on my automobile comprehensive insurance for the camper. My insurance agent has the serial number (come to think of it, I don't have it written down anywhere - I need to remedy that).

I'll be looking on the California Central Coast.

Eagle Flew the Coop, Good Luck in Recovery

Hope you recover your rig. I had a car stolen some years bad. It works on your mind.

There should be a special place in Hell for Camper Theives.

And I shall do the same here on the I-70 corridor/Vail area...

bastards. When found they should be tied to a beetle-kill tree and sat on fire.

Oddly enough, I was coming home about 12:30am last night and dropping my friend off after our ice hockey game and a cop pulled up just as we were backing into his driveway. He asked what we were doing and realizing we were not criminals, told us that Mexican gangs had been stealing cars and a he was looking for a silver Toyota that just got nabbed (mine isn't silver, but you can't really see in the dark so well). Seems to be a problem going around.:mad:

he was looking for a silver Toyota that just got nabbed

Refreshing to hear stories of the cops pursuing things rather than just filing a report...

People Suck

That's horrible to hear. Sorry that people can't respect what another person has worked hard for, and can just take it. I am currently looking for a camper so if I run across it, or anything that seems "strange" I'll let you know. BTW I'm in Denver. The more eyes the better.

Thanks to all of you

Thanks gang, for your concern.

Happy to report that the cops called yesterday to report my rig was found and all is well. The camper was not even entered. Apparently it was a joy-riding situation, probably involving kids who were smart enough to bypass the ignition system (haven't the foggiest how they accomplished that).

My camper is safely parked in my driveway now and the wife and I are leaving in the morning for our first excursion of '09, which will take us to a pool tournament in southern Indiana (Derby City Classic) and then on to Florida for a little sunning and bone fishing.

So if you see me on the road, don't shoot!

Back
Top Bottom