ALMOST A 100mi. FOR CREAM CHEESE

the fisherman

Big Time
I have a thing for Cinnamon Buns, I've been asking for some for about a week now, so yesterday I got the list. Brown sugar, baking powder,raisins, a bag of King Arthur flour, I didn't know the King made flour, but I guess times are tough everywhere, and some cream cheese. I got the list and off to town I go, it's about a 22mi. run. I zip through the store, I got everything I need right, well, I think I do. On the way back home I notice some rocks on the road where we have had slide problems in the past, no big deal. I get home drop the supplys in the kitchen, and go out to my shop to do a little work, about a half hour later I hear,"Hey Dumbo, you forgot the cream cheese". This is bad, I know Cinnamon Buns aren't worth a dam without the frosting,it's another 44 mi. to get out of this one. Now, it's getting late back to the store I go, going past the slide area I notice more rocks, but still really no big deal. make it to the store in time, get the cream cheese, we're good to go, but I'm going to read the grocery list more carefully from now on. It's a smooth ride home until I hit the slide spot, well, she gave er' up, we got a big pile of rocks and a tree blocking the road, there's four or five of us stuck, help comes slow around here, so we all get busy clearing the road, about 45min. later we're on our way again. Get home, "what took so long, where did you go?" I went to town to get the cream cheese, thats where I went, don't ask anymore questions, my patience is starting to wear a little thin. Was it worth all this, If you could smell the house right now I'd have to say yes. Moral of story, buy extra cream cheese.

Attachments

• my pictures001.jpg
    my pictures001.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 257
I'm getting concerned that some people here may suffer from incoholic atockulation on occasion...and enjoy it!

Back
Top Bottom