Alpine Loop - Colorado High Country - Best Dates?

ok, i missed it....where is the description of this place so i can find it on a map. is it near silverton?

did i miss a link?

I don't think we have gotten that far yet :) This is like the Ent Moot. It takes an awful like time to say anything in old Entish........

Heya paul!

Do we have to threaten to come and get ya...'er what? :thumb: LOL
I'm sure everyone involved would love to see your rig...and WTW is about WTW, not the brand of camper anyone has. (though I vote that we don't allow floating Lance's ANYWHERE NEAR US...just to be clear)

And...um...I kinda think a few of us Colorado folks should have a get-together or two BEFORE September rolls around! Seems a shame to wait all Summer to round up the wagons and hoot and holler, ya know? Things are starting to melt out as we speak....

thanks for getting the ball rolling on this, DD.

mtn

Hey mtn-high,

You had mentioned I should post some pic's of the new camper....so here they are. My daughter and I camped at the confluence of the North Fork and the Gunnison River below the Black Canyon this weekend. The camper was awesome and performed flawlessly. Anyway, enjoy the photos, and maybe that Colorado group can put something together this summer as you mentioned.

Attachments

• 100_0683.jpg
    100_0683.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 290
  • 100_0682.jpg
    100_0682.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 302
  • 100_0681.jpg
    100_0681.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 307
  • 100_0680.jpg
    100_0680.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 296
  • 100_0675.jpg
    100_0675.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 294
Fat Tire in a can?

That is the best thing since sliced uh....whatever. For those of us who spend a lot of time on the rivers it is a blessing. :thumb: No way could I take my favorite beer on a river trip until they started putting it in cans last summer. It's not in all stores however. It has gotten a little too pricey though. Since I bought a new camper I may be switching to PBR. Oh well. :(

Paul

That is the best thing since sliced uh....whatever. For those of us who spend a lot of time on the rivers it is a blessing. :thumb: No way could I take my favorite beer on a river trip until they started putting it in cans last summer. It's not in all stores however. It has gotten a little too pricey though. Since I bought a new camper I may be switching to PBR. Oh well. :(

Paul

Having to drink PBR is too high a price to pay for a new camper.

Dick

Niiiiiccccce! As a tall guy I love the big windows you don't have to crouch down to see out of.

LOL re you guys and yer suds! Oh, yum. :rolleyes:

have fun out there!

mtn

Phird, as long as you don't roll in and start extending the slide outs its fine with me :)

Whew! That's a relief. I don't have any slideouts Craig333, but, when I get to camp I may need an assist backing my new rig into the camp area!

See ya there! :D

Paul

Attachments

• 000_0002.jpg
    000_0002.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 340
Do you have any info for jay on the MPG savings you're getting with that airfoil, phird?

I have the ultimate MPG solution getting installed in my truck this week..... a bigger fuel tank :D

I have the ultimate MPG solution getting installed in my truck this week..... a bigger fuel tank :D

That's what I'm talking about....

What do we really care the most about - MPG or Range... With me it's range. Sure, if it's cheaper I'm not going to bitch about it, but the truck has a job to do, and if 12mpg is what it wants to charge me, I'm ok with it as long as it's holding up its end of the bargain and doing its job flawlessly.

Any further plans on a weekend before the Sept 11/12/13 weekend? I work weekends, but I've got the weekend off of June 26/27/28 with plans that fell through, so I'm kind of open that weekend.

Any further plans on a weekend before the Sept 11/12/13 weekend? I work weekends, but I've got the weekend off of June 26/27/28 with plans that fell through, so I'm kind of open that weekend.

Yes but probably not in your neck of the woods - quite a long haul out there. Not sure what I have on tap for July - I'll post up when I have some inspiration on the subject :)

Dunno...what'cha got in mind? The high country is just starting to open up....

but geez...make sure ya bring yer PONCHO and a sweater to go underneath it 'cus "Summer" has yet to arrive!

mtn

Later Sept gets the Fall colors,well worth the wait, but I'm unreliable and uncertain as to when I could get there but am hoping it works out.

Back
Top Bottom