the fisherman

Big Time
Now, I'm not so sure................

Attachments

• alligator_with_hand_in_mouth.jpg
    alligator_with_hand_in_mouth.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 355
Trouble

Yesterday the state released the lowest number of returning spawning salmon in the Sac. river system, aprox. sixty six thousand fish, down from a about a hundred and seventy thousand four yrs. ago. It's very likley that there will be no salmon fishing in Calif. until 2012 at the earliest. This is the result of inept management, unrealistic water allocation, and just plain greed and stupidity. To much taken, not enough given back. It's very likley that many of the coastal communities that some members of WANDER THE WEST enjoy visiting will die, or at the very least change their face, have you visited Fisherman's Warf lately, the first thing you'll notice, no fisherman. In order to keep the Pacific Shadow fishing I was forced to invest $38000. in an Alaska troll permit, that was necessary to keep the boat working, that's a lot of money to spend just to ensure that you and the people who work for you can have a job. I have my entire life and probably close to a million dollars invested in two boats, equipment and permits. We struggle constantly trying to keep going, high fuel prices, low fish prices, and now a failing ecomomy, (poor management again) At a time when we're giving billions to banks and companies that were mismanaged and philfered, I don't expect a bailout, I don't want any sympathy, I just want clean river systems a vibriant ocean and a place to make a living. If I fail, so be it, I just want a fair chance. As a group, we're pissed off, we've been sold out.

We unfortunately have not seen the bottom yet. Fisherman my sentiments exactly.
The small business owners are on their own.
No farm raised fish allowed in this house.
robbie

what would it be like if more politicians had businesses or farms they had to get back home to tend, rather than 'careers' in politics?:(

Back
Top Bottom