Another LED upgrade

GBW

Advanced Member
Hey,

I was able to snag a couple LED spot lights and felt they would be a great replacement for the existing halogen lights on the back of my Hawk. I was starting to realize that I was not using my rear spot lights much due to the fact they were such great battery sucks... I think I'll be using these much more!!

First picture is of the actual LED spot light itself. I used the existing brackets and just tied the wires in. They're not the greatest LED lights, they're "hench en China" but hopefully they'll last a couple years. I got them at Princess auto for $49.00 each.

Attachments

• individual LED.jpg
    individual LED.jpg
    487.6 KB · Views: 140
uh oh, need to work on attaching smaller pictures next time... I just have large ones at this time, I'll have better ones next time!!

I can't believe how hard it is to actually take pictures of lights! Either it was a glare or something rather insignificant. please excuse the lack of professional photography. Excuse the fence which made its way into the pictures...

Here is a picture with the LED on the drivers side and original Halogen on the pass.

Attachments

• LED & Halogen light.jpg
    LED & Halogen light.jpg
    435.1 KB · Views: 153
again, will have this fixed next time.

Here is a picture with both lights going.

So this was a pretty easy swap in my opinion. The only fault I have is the lights are a little too focused for my liking. They've got a brilliant beam, which is sharp but maybe isn't the best for camping. I'll investigate different lenses with a diffuser. One thing I did find interesting was the heat of the light. As I was swapping the lights, I had them on and the halogen was getting rather hot, almost too hot to touch when taking off the camper. The LED remained cool, almost cold.

Attachments

• Two LED.jpg
    Two LED.jpg
    405.5 KB · Views: 119
Excuse the fence which made its way into the pictures...

The trash cans are nice too. I really like the blue one with the flat top surface. Handy when working on the truck to set tools and parts on. Unfortunately, mine are like the other one which have a sloped surface and things won't stay put.

Like the lights!
How do they mount (housing)?
Got a P/N?

Back
Top Bottom