Another Wanderer Appears in Truck Camper Magazine

sure was a good article, i think she speaks for most of us about why and how she progressed to pop-ups! And she liked civil servants so i had to like her :p !

Smoke

I really enjoyed the article too. Looking forward even more so now to meeting them at the upcoming rally.

Sagebrush,
Is your dog a Wire-haired Pointing Griffon?

I met one on a fishing trip to Sitka last year and was very impressed. Personality wise, she had many of the characteristics I liked in the Vizsla I had: easy going, smart, desire to please, family oriented.

Are they hard to keep clean in our winters? Seems like that coat could bring a lot of mud & water into the camper.

Paul

Paul, not a griffon. Salty is a German wire haired pointer, aka Deutsch Drathaar.

Water yes, mud no. We clean Salty's feet and beard every time he comes in. There are some GWHPs that have much lighter coats and beards.

Salty is probably the best dog I've had. All the traits you mentioned.

Nice article, I enjoyed reading it. Last comment was good to say...

...I want to add my thanks to our civil servants, the National Park Rangers, BLM and USFS staff, and state and county park employees who are working with smaller budgets every year. They have been very helpful and courteous. If the public would quit abusing and trashing our public lands, their jobs would be easier.

Back
Top Bottom