Any Good Camping Near Boulder, CO?

dharte

Hi,
My wife and I want to visit our son (who is a student at CU Boulder) over spring break, which is in late March. Does anyone know of a decent place to camp for several nights that's not too far from town? We will have our new FWC Hawk, which has a heater. On-line research so far suggests that campgrounds in the higher elevations don't open until late May! I don't care if it's a regular campground or out in the boonies, but don't want to stay in a Walmart parking lot....
Thanks,
David

Hey, David. There are some dispersed camping areas in the Boulder vicinity. They might be open year-round, though access may be difficult. Maybe give the Boulder Ranger District a call to see if they are an option in late March. Here's the dispersed camping page.

Thank you for the link-I will have my son do some exploring to see what's open. Apparently there was a big flood in 2013 that damaged a lot of roads and campgrounds. We are going to be spending a week in Utah before going to Boulder so worse case scenario we stay in a hotel.

Back
Top Bottom