Any other suggestions on front lift repair?

Great post and info. Just one quick question, what size rivets and length do you use? I am using quarter inch birch for my new panels, but have never used a rivet gun before. I noticed that each size rivet has three lenghts. Did you guys use the short 3/16"? Thanks-skeeter

Hi Skeeter,

I used short 3/16 for the panel fabrication but the long 3/16 for the install to the camper. I figured they would be stronger but they do also take several more squeezes of the rivet gun and more grip strength than the short ones. I have never used a rivet gun that didn't suck. I went through 3 or 4 of them building my two panels.

Good luck!

You can see some more pictures of the rebuild job in the link I posted on the previous page of this thread.

I screwed my hinges to the camper using the old rivet holes. I think they were #8x1/2 self drilling, if my memory serves me correctly(I don't trust it any more though). I used small aluminum washers on the rivets also. Could not find any with large heads.

Reading this post I started while I sit In the fwc lot getting my panel installed :D Discretion, I stopped before I screwed it up. They sure have lots of nice shiny campers here!

Barko,
Since you are there, would you inquire about the cost to replace the door on an '86 Granby. Mines falling apart.

Thanks,
Jeff

Back
Top Bottom