Anybody Here From Colorado?

sledskiing

Advanced Member
i just bought an 2010 Tacoma Double Cab short bed and am considering a FWC Finch or Falcon model. Anybody here have one of these models and would be willing for me to come check it out sometime. Maybe load it on my truck? An Eagle would be OK also i guess to get the picture.

I am also considering a Flippac camper as an alternative.

i just bought an 2010 Tacoma Double Cab short bed and am considering a FWC Finch or Falcon model. Anybody here have one of these models and would be willing for me to come check it out sometime. Maybe load it on my truck? An Eagle would be OK also i guess to get the picture.

I am from Colorado, but I have the "other" brand of pop-up on my 2005 Tacoma..:) You will have a hard time tracking me down though, I am on the road for over a year, living in the ATC Bobcat / Tacoma full time, in South Dakota at the mo.......

Not much into sledding, but ski about 70 days a season..

You will freeze your 2 stroke-loving-ass off in a Flip-Pac. A great product, but wrong for your environment & lifestyle.

My 2 cents -

Maybe the thing to ask would be 'Does anyone have a Finch or a Falcon?' They may not be in Colorado, but you could get some take on how they like these models, advantages, disadvantages, etc. The Eagle/Bobcat size is going to overhang a foot or more on a 5 foot bed. What this does to the rig, I don't know. After seeing extended cab Tacomas negotiating trails with an Eagle/Bobcat camper and a hitch mounted rack with gear on it, it seems doable. Careful attention to suspension seems in order.

A great product, but wrong for your environment & lifestyle.

There will be no winter camping for this rig :)

Maybe the thing to ask would be 'Does anyone have a Finch or a Falcon?' They may not be in Colorado, but you could get some take on how they like these models, advantages, disadvantages, etc. The Eagle/Bobcat size is going to overhang a foot or more on a 5 foot bed. What this does to the rig, I don't know. After seeing extended cab Tacomas negotiating trails with an Eagle/Bobcat camper and a hitch mounted rack with gear on it, it seems doable. Careful attention to suspension seems in order.

I really don't need to know the likes and dislikes of a particular model. I really want to dry fit a camper on my 2010 tacoma to get an idea of the fit. If it's an eagle i know there will be a significant overhang. I've had a number of pop up campers and want to get an idea of the fit for a FWC on my truck. Airbags should solve 90% of the problem.

Pictures are probably as close as you're gonna get to get an idea of fit....sans driving to The FWC factory in Cali. That's what most guys here have done. Stan has a buncha pics of customer rigs....

In all reality...I'm wagering big that every guy on this forum would open the back door of their unit, pop it up, and let ya climb in and open cabinets and lay on the bed....but unloading it from their truck and loading it onto your truck so you can get a look at the fit? That's probably not gonna happen.

if you find someone...let us know. I'm sure he'll be a popular guy at the bar on the FWC rallies!

good luck in your search

mtn

Amen! Most of us looked at the pics on the websites and forum, talked with the folks at ATC and FWC, MAYBE got a chance to see one in the 'flesh', and took the plunge (or not). There are enough pictures of Eagles, Falcons, Finches, and Bobcats (no Pumas that I know of) mounted on Tacomas that, other than color, you can figure out what one will look like on your Tacoma. The folks on the forum are cheerleaders for this type of camper, but if you read the trip reports and follow the forums, you realize they also know what they are doing and have decided this type of camper fits what they want to do. That decision is up to you.

There will be no winter camping for this rig :)

I really don't need to know the likes and dislikes of a particular model. I really want to dry fit a camper on my 2010 tacoma to get an idea of the fit. If it's an eagle i know there will be a significant overhang. I've had a number of pop up campers and want to get an idea of the fit for a FWC on my truck. Airbags should solve 90% of the problem.

Hi Sledskiing,
I'm in Colorado and have a Ranger which is basically an Eagle but is 8 ft long. You could pull under mine and get an idea of the fit except for the overhang on the rear.
Jim

Back
Top Bottom