Anyone done the stove recall done yet?

kmcintyre

I was kind of waiting to let local dealers do the recall and thought I'd check to see if anyone has had it done and what their experience was with the "fix".

Thanks.

I was getting some work done last month on my 2022 hawk at the Woodland facility. Brenda mentioned that my stove was on the list for recall. She said I would be notified when the recall was under way and that they would send a new unit to the RV service center in my area for the installation, ( good news! FWC is 3.5 hours away from me). I'm still waiting to receive the notice.

Attn: Four Wheel Pop-up Camper Owner

IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL NOTICE

(Regarding Your 2 Burner Drop-in Suburban Cooktop)

Dear Four Wheel Camper Owner,

We were recently notified that Suburban Manufacturing Co, has issued a recall on their SDS2 2-Burner Drop-in Cooktops with part numbers 3031AST and 3032AST. This Customer Notification is sent to you in accordance with the requirements of the United States National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act.

The internal aluminum burner tubes connecting the gas valves to the cook top burners can fracture from excessive vibration or shock experienced in recreational vehicles. The burner tube could crack resulting a leak of propane when the top burner gas valve is opened to use the appliance. If ignited the propane could result in a fire and/or explosion which could result in personal injury.

According to our records, we believe that you might have an affected flush mounted Suburban Glass Top Stove.

Remedy:

If your camper is affected, a remedy will be provided at no cost to you. Suburban Manufacturing Co. will provide all the parts needed to resolve this issue. The repair will be to install a bracket over the regulator to support the burner tubes.

With proper documentation, Suburban Manufacturing Co. will reimburse owners for the retail cost of an SDS2 cooktop if it was replaced PRIOR to the issuing of this recall.

[SIZE=13pt]What you should do: [/SIZE]

[SIZE=13pt]You must contact Suburban’s Customer Service Department Directly, at (423) 775-2131 ext. 7101 [/SIZE]

[SIZE=13pt]Or contact them via e-mail at . . . [/SIZE][SIZE=13pt]orders@suburbanmfg.com [/SIZE]

Suburban will coordinate with you about executing the prescribed remedy. Please note that you will need to contact Suburban prior to showing up at an authorized repair center to have this issue addressed.

If after contacting Suburban’s Customer Service you are still not satisfied that they have done the best to remedy this situation, you may also submit a written complaint to: Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1200 New Jersey Avenue SE, Washington, DC 20590. You may call the toll-free Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY: 1-800-424-9153; or go to http://www.safercar.gov.) Federal regulations require that any vehicle lessor receiving this recall notice must forward a copy of this notice to the lessee within ten days.

Is your stove actually part of their recall ?

Please watch this short YouTube video to determine what camper stove you have.
Not all stoves that Four Wheel Campers has installed over the years is affected.

[SIZE=12pt]https://youtu.be/Y8dL2aUbQX8[/SIZE]

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused, and we appreciate your patience and cooperation in handling this matter.

Sincerely,

[SIZE=12pt]Four Wheel Campers LLC.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]1400 Churchill Downs Avenue, Suite A[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Woodland, CA 95776[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Phone: 530-666-1442[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]E-Mail: service@fourwh.com[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Website : www.FourWheelCampers.com[/SIZE]

Good clear video.

I looked closely at my unaffected Dometic flush mount stove like the Dometic one shown in the video and found it had good support for the tubing and components. I posted some photos in the previous thread about this.

Back
Top Bottom