Anyone else getting restless?

brett13

Lovecock
Just have to vent...This time of year, the deep cold tends to break. We get a couple of days of mild weather, days are getting longer again and I am just friggin itching to go camping! Despite having the ATC w/heat, the wife won't go until it gets a bit warmer. Anyone else got cabin fever?

Yep.

Have not even driven the truck since last October. It’s been in the garage waiting for me to give it a tune up and replace a couple oil seals. I guess the winter project is coming to an end and I better get off my duff get it done before weather is good and SHE wants to GO!!!!

Today I almost bought a 2002 Toyota Tundra to put the FWC Ranger on, but not…Too many miles and too many things to fix and spend money on. It sounded good but maybe the next one.

Scratched the itch

We got away to the Kern River last weekend for a Family outing....We were very restless, four days away did the job!

Looking forward to an April trip up the coast..

Kern River

Attachments

• DSCN2501.jpg
    DSCN2501.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 234
Oh man, talk about an under statement! Circumstances dictate that I stay in town for the next couple of months. It's eating a hole in me. Every day I look at my truck and camper just sitting there. It keeps calling to me. Mountains, desert , seashore. It's siren call, never ending.

Cheers,

Mike

Tell me about it. 4 month old twins with a 2 year old and below 0f temps and a 80's Keystone that isn't finished yet. Ready to get things rolling.

Ready to do some camping and fishing......just have to wait for the snow to melt around here , still got over three feet on ground around my place, and temps in the teens during the night, might make it a real adventure trying to get to some of the camping and fishing spots.

Attachments

• winter0708 003.jpg
    winter0708 003.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 213
  • winter0708 008.jpg
    winter0708 008.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 226
Like Mike I have to stick around for a bit too. I need to tend to medical issues. Don't get old!!!!! I'm so itching to go camping. We're going to try to do a couple of weekenders up near the dams on the Green River and maybe a couple of shortys to the Chiracowas.

Not to be a smart ass,(well maybe a little bit)But you really butchered up "Chiricahua".Nice area though.

Spring fever

Man I'm ready to head for the mountains...or where ever. My FWC has been sitting in the shop since Nov and it's ready to go. I just have to finish up some winter projects around the house. When I read the recent trip reports by kcowyo I really get spring fever. :cool:

We can't allow our selves to think too much about spring camping yet, we've still got 2 1/2 months of winter weather to deal with. We had a surprise 10" last night with another good sized storm coming in tomorrow. Not to mention the investment in Ski passes and locker at Sugar Bowl. So we'll have to settle for cooking breakfast in the camper before skiing and firing up the heater afterword on cold days for downing the requisite beverage. It will likely be May before we get our first trip in.

I'm ready. Even got an infusion of cash thanks to my house sitting over a natural gas field. But its raining and a huge storm is coming in. Maybe next week. Dog hasn't seen the snow yet this year.

I just can't seemto let myself complain about the weather this year. After last year being so dry we really need all of this snow to make this summer that much better.

Yup, a loooong winter here too.

I'm afraid my FWC is going to sue me for neglect and failure to support, if I don't get out there soon. But we still have tons of snow and sub zero nights here. I'm sticking by the fireplace for now.

My first trip in '08 as of right now will be my annual Cody-Beartooth Mtns-Yellowstone NP Memorial Day weekend trip. I have a friend coming up from New Mexico to join me. I'm hoping for some warm weather before May, so I can put new linoleum in the camper and I think I'll be mounting my Engel fridge back there too.

But I'd rather be planning trips than projects....:(

Yup, a loooong winter here too.

I'm afraid my FWC is going to sue me for neglect and failure to support, if I don't get out there soon. But we still have tons of snow and sub zero nights here. I'm sticking by the fireplace for now.

My first trip in '08 as of right now will be my annual Cody-Beartooth Mtns-Yellowstone NP Memorial Day weekend trip. I have a friend coming up from New Mexico to join me. I'm hoping for some warm weather before May, so I can put new linoleum in the camper and I think I'll be mounting my Engel fridge back there too.

But I'd rather be planning trips than projects....:(

We will expect a report with a complete picture show:D:D:D

Back
Top Bottom