Anyone for Levitt Lake on Sonora Pass this weekend?

Darryla

I am going to Levitt Lake this weekend on the Eastern Side of Sonora Pass. Anyone interested, please come. The fishing, as well as, the view is great. May get a little wind though.

Darryl

thats a little outside our 3 hour maximum driving range for weekender's.
sure appreciate to heads up! post some pics so i can show the wife what its like!

Might be a bit longer than that - Sonora Pass is closed right now. Not sure if it will open for the weekend or if this is it until spring. Check Caltrans website before you go.

Wow, your right Ted. Hwy 4 is also closed. I may be too late this year already. Oh well, I'll just go back up Hwy 88. I will check again on Thursday, though. Thank you for the heads up. Last year, we were up there this time of year.

Darryl

News this morning said 120, 108, and 4 were closed, may be open this weekend. Check national weather service for that area for trip planning. Winter Weather Advisory today, snow level 7500 - 8000 feet. Chance of precip through Thursday, partly cloudy Friday, sunny Saturday.

Thanks for reminding me about the weather forecast info. I love this time of the year so we will go somewhere up 88, 4 or 108. I will keep camping until Nov 15th which is basically the end of fishing for the season. Then maybe a few trips up the coast and then I will store the camper for the winter. Yes, its getting that time of the year and the winter in the mountains is coming quickly.

Be safe out there.

Darryl

and then I will store the camper for the winter

What is this blasphemy you speak? That's sacriligous. If the camping gods didn't want us to camp in winter, they wouldn't have invented the heater. And from a fellow Californian. We have no winter, except maybe in Truckee. I am so disappointed. ;)

Please let me clarify. My downtime will not be too long. Generally the camper stays on the truck permanently, but I want to do some maintenance to the truck and add some things. I want to add a limited slip differential, maybe new front struts and brakes if I need them, plus some other stuff. My truck is quote "4 wheel drive" but I learned last year in the snow it did not have limited slip so I want to fix that. Basically, my short winter break will be maintenance time. May do a few things to the camper while it is off also. Due to the holidays and such, its seems to be a good time to do this stuff.

I hope this gets me out of a little trouble. And, yes the heater works well in the snow.

Darryl

Hey Darryl, hope you did get into the high country this past weekend. The Lady and I were up at Carson Pass on Highway 88 yesterday (Sunday) for a project and the weather was great. The aspens are starting to turn.

Along an original section of the California Trail over Carson Pass. Several of these old signs can still be found.

gallery_1902_252_135109.jpg

One of the newer markers along the original route at Carson Pass

gallery_1902_252_90576.jpg

Back
Top Bottom