Anyone had hail damage

I've been in pretty bad hail with the camper- no damage at all. In fact, in one storm I turned so my rear was facing the onslaught of hail and the cabover protected more of the truck. The roof is pretty flexible aluminum and will "bounce" under finger pressure. Much different than the hood of a vehicle. The only thing I'd worry about is the plexi/plastic fan hatch cover. I had one of those break in hail on another trailer. Throw a towel over it if it gets that bad.

Same here. I've been in pretty bad hail with the camper and no damage. I was expecting dimples everywhere and nothing.
smile.gif

Yes, I have mild hail damage on the Eagle's roof from a storm with roughly 1/2 inch diameter hail. It is just cosmetic and isn't a problem for me. If I had plans to sell, maybe I'd care more. The camper went through other storms with smaller hail without damage. I would take a picture, except there is snow on the camper's roof at the mo'.

Thanks. There was a large, cold storm here in Arizona the last few days, and I was intending to get the camper off and in the garage before it hit, but didn't have time. Luckily no hail. Just finished building a dolly today and rolled the Raven into the garage.

Same here. I've been in pretty bad hail with the camper and no damage. I was expecting dimples everywhere and nothing.
smile.gif

I'm with you guys, been in a few heavy hail storms, the main problem was the noise of the banging of the hale-and the wind gusts that can make the night (or day) interesting!

Smoke:unsure:

Back
Top Bottom