Anyone tried the Torklift Derringer Fast Guns on their 4WC?

Bajaahh

Advanced Member
I ended up buying the Torklift Derringer Fast Guns to replace the turnbuckles on my Finch. Im hoping there is enough room to make this possible. I might have to turn the eye bolts (that are on the camper) to get the right angle for the guns to work. I was hoping that someone has done this and can give any advice based on their experience.

Thanks in advance.

There wasn't room enough in the bed to use the derringers for tie down in the bed. Moving the eye bolt might work, but the eye bolt in the bed and the eye bolt on the camper have to be further apart than they are on my rig. I do use the derringers in front on the Tork Lift mounts and I may put Tork Lift on the back because they make it sooo easy to lash the camper down.

I can't comment on a Finch, but on my Hawk shell I had to add a "J" bolt to the Derringers for the back. I had to set the angle to catch the eye bolt just right and there is an up and down side I need to watch out for. In the front I use the turnbuckles and make small adjustments each time but the Derringer is what tightens up to make the connection. I can do all 4 corners in about 5 minutes ( with no cursing or contorting). I put the camper on and take it off after trips quite often.

Here's a tip for fast on and off with the turnbuckles. Get a felt marker and label each turnbuckle with which camper corner it's to be used since the needed length will vary from corner to corner. Next mark a "T" for tighten and an arrow on each turnbuckle so you'll always know which way to turn. Use a stubby screwdriver or something similar to either tighten or loosen that half turn that's the hardest. After a couple of practices, you'll have turnbuckle installation or removal time down to one minute each. No kidding.

I recently installed the derringer torklift on my Hawk in a 3/4 ton Dodge . They work great , I would recommend them .

Well, they didn't work on my Finch.
There wasn't enough room to pull the handle down. Im bummed, so Im back to the shoulder dislocating yoga contortionist turnbuckles...

Anyway, I think they will work for someone that has a full size truck and camper.
I'll let them go for $80 plus shipping...

E-mail me at Bajaahh@hotmail.com

Damn, I pick mine up today and they cost me $125. Maybe they won't work ;) and I'll get back to you. Hopefully someone buys them from you though.

I have a full size truck with a Hawk so I hope they fit.

I have been using the Fast Guns for some time now. I added j bolts and two quick links to each one. Once set up, mark each one for the position, r/f,l/f, r/r and l/r. You will have to adjust when reinstalling your camper if you get the camper off center. They are mush better than dealing with turnbuckles. The one I use on the left front is upside down to fit in that area. The quick links make it easier to hook up to the eye bolts, once locked into place the quick links and fast guns become one unit, and they will not come loose. One word of caution, the leverage of the fast guns can over tighten and cause stress to the floor of your truck, causing cracks if you are not careful.

I picked some up and tried to get them to work yesterday. It is possible to get them to work, but the length of the j-hook has to be perfect and isn't easily adjusted. As fish more stated they are extremely powerful binders and could do some damage. I decided against them as I figured out a much better plan with some stronger turnbuckles that should save time on the install each time.

Bwht4x4 said:
I picked some up and tried to get them to work yesterday. It is possible to get them to work, but the length of the j-hook has to be perfect and isn't easily adjusted. As fish more stated they are extremely powerful binders and could do some damage. I decided against them as I figured out a much better plan with some stronger turnbuckles that should save time on the install each time.
So what is your approach that saves install time? Did it pan out the way you had hoped?

Back
Top Bottom