ARB vs Dometic ?

penner

Looking to purchase either an ARB 40 or 50 quart or a Dometic cfx 40 or 50. I have heard nothing but good things about the ARB but was wondering if anyone has one of the new Dometics ? Thanks.

I read a number of on-line "Best 12 V Refigerators" as well as comparison articles.

It is my perspective that they are all comparable in price, reliability and performance but some are made of ABS plastic inside and out, some are all metal, some are plastic outside with stainless interiors, some open length wise, some open width wise, some have built in drains and all but the Engel use the Danfoss DB35 compressor. It seems that the Engel compressor consumes a little less power than the Danfoss.

The bigger refrigerators (40 L) and larger seem to have a few more variations in configuration than smaller refrigerators.

BTW: Truckfridge refrigerators are the Indel B refrigerators.

Here is an incomplete spreadsheet I put together recently for the small to mid size 12V refrigerators.

I settled on the Norcold NRF-30 primarlily due to size and weight needs but have not made the purchase yet.

I hope this is helpful

Craig

Attachments

• 12 V Refrigerator Freezers Feb 2018.xlsx
    16.6 KB · Views: 1,056
Going on 2 years with the Truckfridge TF51, No complaints at all. Good bang for the buck and customer service seems good too from what I've read and my experience ordering a couple of spare parts.

I like the mounting plate setup.

I have a Dometic cfx 35, using it about 4 months a year for the last 3 years. No difficulties or problems of any sort. I purchased the insulated cover, which I highly recommend. Waeco (an Australian company) used to make the cooler, having been bought by Dometic around 4 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom