Are 80's FWC roofs prewired?

Black914

Advanced Member
I'm thinking about replacing one of the vents on my '85 Keystone with a fan. There are articles on various sites that indicate that it is ok to power them off a near by light, while others say NO. The camper parts store and repair shop I have used says they do it all the time. Any chance the are wires already there on a unit this old?
On the subject of roofs, I saw a video tour of the FWC factory and noticed that they are installing wooden push bars across the ceiling to assist with raising it. On an older unit could it just be screwer directly into a roof frame member?
Thanks for all the info for a new "old guy".
Dan

The roof vent fans and ceiling lights (led lights) are on the same fuse, 10 amp in mine. I see no problem, just calculate total amp draw for fan and lights and wire length/size. Newer fans operate on lower amp draw and quieter than 80 and 90's fans from the past.

Yes those wood slats screwed to roof are great to push up the roof. They are screwed into the aluminum roof trusses. See no reason for you not to do the same.

The prewiring in the roof did not begin until around 2005 or 2006 on some models, as I recall from my 2013 conversation with Terry Budd at FWC about my 2007 Keystone.

Back
Top Bottom