At long last - The official All Terrain Campers WTW flatbed edition thread

Roger, I had been figuring about 18" (account for the compressed foam to be ~1-1.5" of that) for my target height. Sounds like that is about what you were thinking as well in retro spec.

I now have 60 nights in the camper and I just wanted to post some praise for ATC for the incredible build quality of this camper. Despite the custom nature of the project, I have not had one issue with the camper in almost a year now. Thanks guys!

DD, your custom ATC Camper looks excellent. :cool: Thank you for posting and sharing your build its been fun catching up on your building process.
I am seriously thinking of trading in my Alaskan and customizing my own pop up. Any interest in getting Alum Storage box's under the
flatbed decking, similar to XP?

JK

DD, your custom ATC Camper looks excellent. :cool: Thank you for posting and sharing your build its been fun catching up on your building process.
I am seriously thinking of trading in my Alaskan and customizing my own pop up. Any interest in getting Alum Storage box's under the
flatbed decking, similar to XP?

JK

Well, Yes. But this project is officially out of money until further notice :D

I am seriously impressed. Not surprised... but seriously impressed. Those guys are great there. Have fun with your new rig.

DirtyDog said:
After almost a year of planning, design, and production, I'm excited to reveal my new camper! I am extremely happy with the way it turned out and huge thanks to ATC for going way above and beyond on this project!

First a view from above that shows most of the external features. Note some of the key features here - door on the side to free up the back wall for gear storage. Awning over the door on custom brackets to clear the door. Top of the awning is about level with the roof vents and solar panel so no extra overall height was required for the awning mount. Propane is also on the awning side so my outside kitchen can be under the awning with direct access to the propane tank.

gallery_2_125_63875.jpg

This view shows the custom bike rack in action, the AT can holder, and the remote controlled rear spotlight.

gallery_2_125_363835.jpg

Rear external storage hatch.

gallery_2_125_90214.jpg

Side external storage hatch:

gallery_2_125_162860.jpg

Note that these storage areas are also accessible from inside the camper.

Awesome build! I've been trying to figure out how to make a pop up camper work best for my family and one of our strong requirements was for an outdoor kitchen. I think your access doors would be the solution to this problem! And it sounds like ATC is keen on doing some custom builds.

Do you know the size of those access doors? Any reason they couldn't be a bit bigger?

Here is a design using the Ocelet as a base with the rear door offset to the right side and a pull out kitchen on a slide:

full

full

DirtyDog, the founder of Wander the West sold his F250 and custom flatbed ATC a few years back. Give ATC a call at 800-446-1003. They will be happy to answer your questions. We camped with DirtyDog and the access doors for storage were a nice addition.

Wish you guys at ATC would answer e-mails from your website. I've got some questions about a full size flatbed camper.
Like, are these truly custom sized? I'd like to make a 7x9' flatbed and have ATC build a camper on it.

zuber said:
Wish you guys at ATC would answer e-mails from your website. I've got some questions about a full size flatbed camper.
Like, are these truly custom sized? I'd like to make a 7x9' flatbed and have ATC build a camper on it.
Give them a call. Jeff or Marty will pick up the phone.

Zuber,
Yes give the guys a call. I too am in the process of putting together my own custom flatbed. Marty and Jeff have answered a great many questions already. Always, in a kind and considerate manner.
I put a deposit on my custom bed this morning, and talked with Marty about driving down and meeting with them to go over my drawings.
Funny, my bed is 7x9 also. Good luck with your project.

I've got a custom 7 x 8.5 ft bed on order. I'll be traveling down to the Sacto area in a month or so and talk to ATC about a build.

Dirty Dog - Wango and I are wondering what you did for camper steps? I'll need something that can be navigated in the dark.

Zuber, This thread started in 2011. DD sold the rig several years back and hasn't been on the forum for a long time.

Holy cow DirtyDog that flat bed ATC camper looks amazing!

May I ask - what is the “tug”?

Ford something?

And

What flat bed make and model did you use?

Thanks.

John in Los Angeles

LosAngeles said:
Holy cow DirtyDog that flat bed ATC camper looks amazing!

May I ask - what is the “tug”?

Ford something?

And

What flat bed make and model did you use?

Thanks.

John in Los Angeles

K6ON said:
Zuber, This thread started in 2011. DD sold the rig several years back and hasn't been on the forum for a long time.

marty said:
We used the white nylon braided water line and since I kept breaking the plastic connectors Jeff decided to use brass ones. Breaking problem solved. We also used the flex drain hose for the sink drain. Suspended both off the back of the drawer to keep from crimping them and let them curl up naturaly when the drawer is moving open or closed.
If that sink drawer design is not patented, you want to explore patenting it...

Back
Top Bottom