ATC Bobcat Shell - Owner Interior Build

So, how does the trapezoidal hollow core door piece stay in place?

img_138743_0_301f610be153c997cea620c8626a8caf.jpg

It's just a brass door hinge pin. One on each side of the trapezoidal hollow core door and it will never fall off the edge stringers holding it up. They are long enough to be pushed up from underneath when removing them.

img_138743_2_2c73c95f2c8dae6d9b0e1e65c7c8ab83.jpg

OK, almost finished.

Rear under seat storage top lift out drawer. Seat hinges up with table in place.

img_138743_4_f711626e239ee54c2fb08d16202420c2.jpg

Finger holes allow lifting of drawer.

img_138743_6_df681efa8f6931ac1797183f67a575db.jpg

Continued...

Under rear seat, below lift out drawer, 2-1/2 gallon water storage. It can hold other lightweight objects, it's just a bit empty right now.

img_138744_0_49713aa32fa8d9147139d20f2a23c5f5.jpg

Front under seat storage top lift out drawer. Seat hinges up with table in place.

img_138744_3_4389947ba7b410336d0bb92ae496947b.jpg

Finger holes allow lifting of drawer.

img_138744_6_c117fe5b01bd17180814b2db9990f865.jpg

Under front seat, below lift out drawer, is the battery, and all the 12VDC electrics (Blue Sea Fuse panel, Main On-Off switches for fridge, furnace and Master), remote digital display for solar charge controller, solar charge controller, and small solar controller fuse panel.

img_138744_8_ecbb56b54caa0507d453ffaf9412619f.jpg

Continued...

And, lastly, the exterior driver's side used to look nice and clean.

img_138745_0_51199ec53ee4864b72a198078a925f5c.jpg

However, now I've got the fridge vents, intake low and exhaust high, the propane locker, and the furnace combustion intake and exhaust.

img_138745_2_896d3d0bd8bde02008b913e6352c3aee.jpg

Done!

A really, BIG THANKS to Marty & Jeff at All Terrain Campers for shipping me the propane locker, propane door, the standard vents that I cut up to make my two small fridge vents, the propane hoses and tubing cut and flared to my specifications, plus telling me the little secrets of the propane installation. They just did an excellent job for me.

Very nicely done Alley-Kat. Thanks for the sharing in such detail, good read and photos. I'm thinking of adding a small fan for summer use around the compressor vents in our chest fridge to help air movement. I'll have to dissemble the unit a bit to find the leads to the internal fan so I can get a signal.

Very well done, nice to have it just the way you want it. We all want some thing a little different and all are good.

Thank you all for the kind comments.

I thought it would be appropriate to mention that a lot of fantastic, great and neat Camper Build threads have been compiled by Mark BC all in one place where it is easy to spend some time looking over what other guys have done. There is a lot of talent and really excellent ideas and expert craftsmanship in those camper builds. Check 'em out, it'll keep you off the streets and out of bars for some time.

Double Wow.
Lots of fantastic ideas
Unbelievable amount of storage space in a small camper
The shell is definitely the way to go !!

This thread has UC Santa Barbara written all over it.....what an amazing journey...WELL DONE!

Someone mentioned you should be teaching a class about this...my bet is you are a teacher...this was so well outlined and detailed....I'm in awe.

And I thought I was a stickler for details...lots and lots of great ideas..I hope you don't mind me "borrowing" a few... ;)

after all....flattery is the highest form of compliment.

BTW....I owned a cabinet shop for 12 years in another lifetime....you're a very accomplished woodworker...the details are impressive.

oops..had to come back to insert the periods :D

Excellent setup! Do You mind sharing what brand of utility pan you used for your shower? I have been searching and can't seem to find any that has a low profile like yours.

Rusty,

Thanks for the "extra" kind words.

No UCSB, they are much better today than what they were known for back in my college days (#1 party university). Cal Poly, SLO, Aero Eng, then naval aviator, both of those have made me who I am today.

Wish I had a better wood working shop, plus a little help from someone like you with real world experience.
Steal whatever you want and have some fun.

Ppink,

Thanks for the kind words, much appreciated.

I had to cut the utility sink down to size.

To about 6 inches tall (inside, I think, not counting the base section where the legs mount), however, if you need a measurement, I can do that on Sunday.

Without the legs attached, I just set the fence on a table saw and did each side, one at a time. There was a little cleaning up in the corners to make a straight edge, and then a little sanding with 120 grip sand paper and a block of wood to make a nice rounded top edge surface. It sands really easy. it's pretty soft plastic.

Then I cut the legs to get the bottom of the drain elbow (purchased at an RV store) to be just off the ground. Same technique with the table saw fence. Legs are thicker and a harder plastic material than the sink, so go slow. I then drilled the legs and the mounting brackets on the sink for some bolts, just to keep it all together when in use. Otherwise, the legs and bolts are stored in a cabinet.

Oh, I used a fine tooth plywood saw blade on the table saw to cut both the sink and the legs. Wear fully eye enclosed safety glasses, those little plastic pieces fly all over the place, I'm still finding them each time I clean up the shop, several years later.

I've had two different utility sinks from my local ACE Hardware store. The first one I sold to a fellow camper. Both were a little different from each other, however, both were under $30, including sink and legs, from the same ACE Hardware store.
Here's an example, lowest cost, ACE Utility Sink.

Alley-Kat.....I understand now.....pilots are detail oriented by survival instinct, engineers by training.... :D

The Marine Corps saw fit to give me a set of gold wings too....not pilots wings but gold non the less... ;)

Alley-Kat said:
Ppink,

Thanks for the kind words, much appreciated.

I had to cut the utility sink down to size.

To about 6 inches tall (inside, I think, not counting the base section where the legs mount), however, if you need a measurement, I can do that on Sunday.

Without the legs attached, I just set the fence on a table saw and did each side, one at a time. There was a little cleaning up in the corners to make a straight edge, and then a little sanding with 120 grip sand paper and a block of wood to make a nice rounded top edge surface. It sands really easy. it's pretty soft plastic.

Then I cut the legs to get the bottom of the drain elbow (purchased at an RV store) to be just off the ground. Same technique with the table saw fence. Legs are thicker and a harder plastic material than the sink, so go slow. I then drilled the legs and the mounting brackets on the sink for some bolts, just to keep it all together when in use. Otherwise, the legs and bolts are stored in a cabinet.

Oh, I used a fine tooth plywood saw blade on the table saw to cut both the sink and the legs. Wear fully eye enclosed safety glasses, those little plastic pieces fly all over the place, I'm still finding them each time I clean up the shop, several years later.

I've had two different utility sinks from my local ACE Hardware store. The first one I sold to a fellow camper. Both were a little different from each other, however, both were under $30, including sink and legs, from the same ACE Hardware store.
Here's an example, lowest cost, ACE Utility Sink.
OMG, You did such a great and meticulous job I actually thought the pan was straight from the factory ---Thank you so much for sharing, Really Appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom