ATC Lynx long bed camper on Tacoma

chnlisle

Post Master
Hi everyone,
Many of you know I love my long bed ATC Ocleot on my short bed Ram. One of my new customers David like it too and chose to put an ATC Lynx shell (the long bed version of a Bobcat) On his Tacoma. He loves the extra room and the build out that he's doing is really nice. Here are a few pix with more to come when it's finished.

4.jpg 3.jpg

0-2.jpeg 0-1.jpeg

As promised here are the rest of the pix of my client David's build out of his new ATC Lynx. The pictures don't do his workmanship justice. This first set is his modular interior set up.

IMG_2500.JPG IMG_2503.JPG IMG_2504.JPG IMG_2505.JPG IMG_2506.JPG IMG_2507.JPGIMG_2508.JPGIMG_2510.JPGView attachment 18536IMG_2511.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2516.JPG
    IMG_2516.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 227
He also added solar, Thule rack rails as well as breaklights, taillights and turn indicators.

IMG_2499.JPG IMG_2515.JPG

This really is a top notch build. David is a great guy and it was a pleasure doing business with him.

I like the cabinets, nice work. Not sure about the propane tank inside the camper. There is a vent on the tank for heat and it can get hot inside the camper, also the regulator could leak. Also right next to the batteries (elec spark). May not be against any laws, but not something I would do. Most campers have the tanks in a sealed to the camper vented to the out side enclosures.

The propane and batteries in the living compartment is a terrible idea and the propane is definitely against DOT regs. They both need to be vented to outside and totally sealed from the inside. Use and charging of the batteries will vent gases and as said above, propane bottles vent when temperature fluctuates even if the hoses are airtight, which they often aren't. This is a dangerous setup, period.

Marshfly said:
The propane and batteries in the living compartment is a terrible idea and the propane is definitely against DOT regs. They both need to be vented to outside and totally sealed from the inside. Use and charging of the batteries will vent gases and as said above, propane bottles vent when temperature fluctuates even if the hoses are airtight, which they often aren't. This is a dangerous setup, period.
Have to AssUme the batteries are AGM. If they are OK, if not very bad set up.

Back
Top Bottom