ATC Questions

anonymous

Advanced Member
Hi, what furnace does ATC put in their campers? And does anyone know if a 2014+ Tundra would need Jack extensions for an Ocelot? The panther seems like it would be an advantage for space but kind of hangs out there. Also, thoughts on FWC using skid guard to build the camper vs ATC? Not sure what ATC uses looks like plain plywood? Thanks

I think this forum is supposed to be for owners to answer other owners questions. If people phoned Marty or Jeff for every little question they wouldn't have time to build campers. It seems like every answer on these forum is "Call and ask so and so". But sorry anonymous I do not have an answer to your question.

anonymous said:
Hi, what furnace does ATC put in their campers? And does anyone know if a 2014+ Tundra would need Jack extensions for an Ocelot? The panther seems like it would be an advantage for space but kind of hangs out there. Also, thoughts on FWC using skid guard to build the camper vs ATC? Not sure what ATC uses looks like plain plywood? Thanks
On the Skid Guard question... I see post nine in this thread says ATC is now using Skid Guard for the overhead bed--- meaning the floor of the upper bed that extends out over the camper. I assume the rest of the external-surface plywood (the camper base) is the traditional douglas fir or birch plywood (painted with an acrylic latex paint). FWC, as of 2015, is using Skid-Guard for the camper base (according to this article) and, I assume, the overhead bed floor. Can anyone confirm that's a correct reading?

If that is indeed correct, I'd add points to my comparison worksheet for Skid-Guard but lack of it wouldn't mean I'd refuse to consider a camper built without it. How many points I add would depend on what precautions I take to avoid water intrusion (like storing under cover or in a garage most of the time), how long I intend to keep the camper, possible impact on resale value, etc. Those points could easily be overshadowed by other items, though --- like a layout I prefer, customization I'd like to have, etc.

-Old Crow

Thanks. They use the latest Atwood furnace as well if anyone's wondering.

Back
Top Bottom