Atwood Hot water heater issues

Hey friends, not sure if correct sub but I'm having issues with my 2018 FWC Atwood hot water heater.

I noticed that the on/off switch stop illuminating when I toggled it to ON.

I checked the 2 volt fuse on the hot water heater and it was blown. I replaced the fuse and it blew again once I hit the power.

Any things I should check next? Thanks!!

If you have the Atwood owners manual look for the trouble shooting section. It might direct you to the problem. There are a series of steps to light, one of them has failed and that is probably the one blowing the fuse. Also could google your model number for similar occurrence by others.

Russ

I have a 2018 FWC as well and my board was faulty. I was told (and have read) that there was a bad batch of board components on this generation of hot water heaters. Still in the process of getting a replacement board.

I recently had a similar problem with my 2018 Hawk. The switch light didn’t work and the water heater would not light. Everything pointed to the board. I went with a Dinosaur Electronics uib 64, as they have a good reputation for quality and a three year warranty. Install was easy but pay attention to set a jumper for 6 wires on a FWC. My water heater fired up immediately and is back in action, although the switch light still doesn’t come on. I hope this is helpful.

GDinMT said:
I have a 2018 FWC as well and my board was faulty. I was told (and have read) that there was a bad batch of board components on this generation of hot water heaters. Still in the process of getting a replacement board.
Update on mine: Replaced the electrical board and the hot water heater fired right up. Seems to be working as expected now.

Back
Top Bottom