Automatic thermostat for Norcold fridge?

Kokopelli

Is it possible to put some type of automatic thermostat on my Norcold (Eagle)? Just got back from a 2 week road trip and it is a PITA to constantly adjust the propane flow depending on outside temp, sun angle, wind, etc etc so the food doesn't either freeze or rot. Even at night the range on low is so sensitive to keep it in the desirable range. It would be nice to just turn it on and have it stay a steady temperature. Or is that why people go with the DC fridges? If so has anyone changed out their Eagle Norcold for a DC model and how does it work.

Thanks!

An actual thermostat would be nice...
...but -- for me -- a setting right around "3" usually works fine: A little above 3 in summer and a little below 3 in winter.
I have frozen stuff accidentally more than once, but I've never had problems in the other direction -- a setting that allowed the food to be too warm. I guess I err on the side of "better-frozen-than-rotten". ;)

I freeze two Fiji water bottles and place them on the top rack and then pack frig with food. The frozen bottles will keep your food safe to the first camp. Keep the water bottles in place and it won’t be so easy to freeze your food.

Is it possible to put some type of automatic thermostat on my Norcold (Eagle)? Just got back from a 2 week road trip and it is a PITA to constantly adjust the propane flow depending on outside temp, sun angle, wind, etc etc so the food doesn't either freeze or rot. Even at night the range on low is so sensitive to keep it in the desirable range. It would be nice to just turn it on and have it stay a steady temperature. Or is that why people go with the DC fridges? If so has anyone changed out their Eagle Norcold for a DC model and how does it work.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom