Awning help

The Saints

Hey all,

I am trying to attach the feet of my awning to my truck. Has anyone done this before? Is there a reason I don’t want to do this? The reason I want to do this is because of the wind. I don’t want to have my awning fly away, break, fold while it is out and I’m away. I was thinking of finding some sort of makeshift bracket, to attach to my truck, even though the truck body is uneven and all. Then I could put the feet in the brackets, and my awning would be anchored and not flip up, fly and rip, etc.

Please give me advice to do this or not do this. What to use if you have done it, where to buy the brackets. I was planning on drilling them into my truck bed, so I am aware of that and not worried about it.

Thank you,

Scott

Not sure which awning ATC is running but I just installed a new Fiamma Awning on my FWC. It came with optional brackets to mount on the sidewall of the camper or truck. If the awning is a Fiamma, you might try contacting them to source the brackets.

Thanks, I got my brackets.
now I am going to mount them on some angle iron. I will attach the angle iron with butterfly nuts to the camper jack attachments on my camper. That way I will be able to remove them and put them in the bed of the truck while not in use. I hope that on semi windy days, that will hold the awning in tact without harm.
It's not a Fiamma, it is another one they installed. thanks for the support.

Thanks, I got my brackets.
now I am going to mount them on some angle iron. I will attach the angle iron with butterfly nuts to the camper jack attachments on my camper. That way I will be able to remove them and put them in the bed of the truck while not in use. I hope that on semi windy days, that will hold the awning in tact without harm.

I've been thinking about doing just what you described with the jack brackets. How long do you plan on making the angle iron brackets?

What brand is it?
I would like to get an awning one of these days- been using an easy-up which is fine, but always looking for more.

In the sunday ad section,Orchard Supply Hardware had a crank out awning for patio use but might be adaptable to a camper.8' $250,12' $350.It cranks out so it must self support.Haven't seen it except in the ad.For those who can do some adapting this might work.It looks like a good price.I don't need or want one but this just might work.

Frank

Lead, I'm not sure exact measurement, but I was planning on using the top bolt hole of the brackets, then down to almost the ground. Perhaps about a foot or so above, so I don't run into any clearance problems.
I have to work at the rear bracket, I have a small pipe on it now that holds my wife's small fish flag.

Back
Top Bottom