awning privacy room.

Hugocam

Hello I am surprised I cannot find an awning for my truck camper that has a zip up privacy or screen tent. I guess I could make one but does anyone know of one that ould work well with my fleet? I just want something that folds off the roof easily for extended stays. thanks

If you have a Fiamma awning, you can find info by searching for "fiamma privacy room"

Alternatively, you could contact a boat top maker to have them create one for you. Everything depends on your budget, of course.
Paul

Hugocam said:
Hello I am surprised I cannot find an awning for my truck camper that has a zip up privacy or screen tent. I guess I could make one but does anyone know of one that ould work well with my fleet? I just want something that folds off the roof easily for extended stays. thanks
Contact "taksiteasy" Al.
He made a screen room using the pull out awning.
Frank

Perhaps an alternative is the "Nemo Bugout" shelter. It is a tarp with tarp to ground screens. Find a simple way to attach the tarp underneath the awning and extend around the awning support stakes and you may have a very simple screen room although not a private one. Rolled up, the screen room will fit under a dinette seat in the Hawk. It's on my list to try mine this way rather than just standalone.

http://www.nemoequipment.com/product/?p=Bugout+9x9

Paul

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Contact "taksiteasy" Al.
He made a screen room using the pull out awning.
Frank
I actually made our awning (and screen room) using a tarp and a screen enclosure we got at Lowes. The various manufactured ones are too rich for my budget although they are very nice. Ours is larger than most and works well. It does not provide privacy, although it would be easy to adapt another tarp for that purpose. Here is a link to my blog write-up: http://travelswithrockythedog.blogspot.com/2013/06/new-awning.html

My engineer son has one and really likes it. I was with him/them when they used it an I was vey impressed. We were in it for the shade, then he broke camp and it was down and packed away fast.
I will likely buy one this coming late spring when camping season starts up this far north (WA).

Back
Top Bottom