Awning Project

X2

Hi Tomas,

That's pretty cool and sides too. Thanks for the pictures.

Nice setup up. If I didn't already have an awning I would get one of those. Heck, I may get one anyway.

Thomas,

How does the carport attach to the camper? Did you have to add anything to tie it onto?

Thanks!
-Rick

Hey Rick,

The Carport Delux L attaches with three very stout velcro systems along the back bar. I was only able to utilize two of them. The velcro pieces lined up perfectly with the two hold down clamps on the pop up mechanism. The velcro systems do slide forward and back a bit on the back bar so I think it would be very versitile when setting up and placing.

I have only set the thing up once, but it really seemed to compiment the camper well, as long as it aint blowin!

TT

For You Kelty Fans

I just received the REI 70th anniversary sale catalog. On the inside cover they offer the Kelty Carport Deluxe for $224.99. I dont know if its a deal or not but I though I'd mention it for those of you interested in the Kelty.

I paid $200 at sport chalet..I think Sunman found the same unit on Sierra Traders for a little less.Sunman purchased the Medium Carport for about $150 I think.

There is also a carport "large". The "large delux"(which I have) gives you the stand up poles. I am not sure of the other differences between the two..Can't wait to go somewhere and try it out again!

Medium vs large Kelty Carport

For those of you with the medium: do the sides go all the way to the ground like the Large deluxe one that Thomas has? I like the feature of being able to lower the front, drop the sides, and presto an enclosed room for a shower, or anything else. The pictures on the Kelty site look like the sides on the medium are only partial.

Thanks for the tip on REI Jay. I've looked on the web and haven't been able to find anything cheaper. Sport Chalet didn't have it on their web site, must be an in store special.

-Rick

KOKO,

The sides on the MEdium Carport do not roll down. What you see is what you get on the Med. I would bet you could rig some polls to stand it up pretty easily. The Med has much more of a bend to it than the large.The thought of privacy under the Large is certainly appealing.

When I got mine at Sport Chalet it was marked down from $250

Attachments

• x.jpg
    x.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 472
Kelty Carport Deluxe Large

After seeing the Kelty Carport Deluxe Large on this forum I searched the internet for two days to get the best price. I found it at Sunny Sports for $269, free shipping.

Two days after I ordered it REI had it on sale for $225, here in Austin, TX. Bummer!

I like it, though. Very well made and it has the kind of flexibility that I was looking for. It will look good on my ATC.

-Buzz

Kelty Carport Deluxe Large

Hey all,

After reading all the threads about the Kelty Carport Deluxe Large, I checked the REI web page and they are still on sale for $224.99. Shipping is free to a local REI store. Ordered mine last night.

Thanks for all the great info..

Follow-up Review

For everyone with a Kelty Carport.... Thought I'd revive this thread and request follow-up comments about using your Kelty Carport. Are you still satisfied with your awning and do you still recommend them? I love the look, weight and size...seems like a perfect match for a pop-up camper. I've been watching prices for several months but haven't found any real bargins. REI's anniversary sale starts May 1st and they have 20% off one full priced item...thought about using in on a carport if everyone is still happy with theirs. Thanks G

Sounds like a good option for the standard awning. One question though. How would it mount to the side of a camper that has no racks to hold straps?

Paul

GSBFree,
After 2 years of use I still recommend it.

Phird,
They have velcro straps that you can attach to the camper clamps. At least that's how I do it.

Back
Top Bottom