b team eagle camper wire job

b team

b team's eagle camper modifications

This is a big project and will take some time. I'll post pics of my progress

Relocate and add 110v, inverter 110v, 12VDC, aux inputs for audio system, and RG6 connection for sat dish.

IMG_0755.jpg

satellite

Looks like a fun project. What kind of satellite dish did you find for the Eagle? I am actually interested in being internet-capable way out in the middle of nowhere. Have you come across any satellite internet equipment suitable for the Eagle?

Thanks

Looks like a fun project. What kind of satellite dish did you find for the Eagle? I am actually interested in being internet-capable way out in the middle of nowhere. Have you come across any satellite internet equipment suitable for the Eagle?

Thanks

I just have a directv sat dish for tv. I take my receiver from home and have a portable dish. Someday when monthly prices come down I'd like to get a hughesnet (direcway system) satellite intenet dish.

The problem is the internet dish is big and heavy. Not very good with a small popup. Hopefully in a few years someone will make an affordable compact internet dish. Something the size of current direcTV dish.

If Sat TV dishes used to be 10' and now less than 2' then I'm sure internet dishes will shrink too.

For interent I use verizon wireless but it's useless for most of my camping spots.

I got this idea from Paclow but changed it a little to fit my camper and needs.

Three things I hate about the stock bench seat:
To access the storage area under the bench seat I have to remove the seat cushion (which usually has a bunch of stuff on it)

The seat cushion is not attached and is difficlut to get back in position.

To make it into a bed you have to set up it's legs and it takes up lots of floorspace.

Also, i don't use the seat that much for sitting and the space behind the seatback is wasted.

my fix.... A new storage box that is taller than the factory one. It has two lids which will each have a 2 or 3 inch foam cushions on top of them. By making the bench storage box taller, removing the backrest I will have a wide, flat area that can be used as a bed with the roof down. Even a EU1000 fits in the storage area.

IMG_0775.jpg

IMG_0768.jpg

You can see how the lids will swing up when I get the hinges on
IMG_0780.jpg

Finished power and audio video jacks.
Grey is inverter 110, white shore power, 12V power points. Coax jack for sat tv and RCAs for Ipod or sound input to camper stereo. I put the outlets up in the corner because this way the electrical cords are out of the way.

IMG_0871.jpg

Party time!

6" speakers mounted in camper

IMG_0878.jpg

IMG_0858.jpg

IMG_0863.jpg

So i finished carpeting my storage box and working on wiring up the two batteries. Also put in a 110W hella light, side porch light , water pump w/ custom switch, electric control panel, interior tie downs.

some pics... a sat dish and eu1000 fit under the seat!

IMG_0140.jpg

IMG_0150.jpg

IMG_0146.jpg

porch light where it should be :D

IMG_0166.jpg

Removal of rear porch light and installing hella worklamp. The light is pretty nice. Very bright and has two 55W bulbs on separate circuits. Can't wait to try this out at night.

IMG_0167.jpg

IMG_0172.jpg

The hella is made to be flush mounted HL-200B

http://www.awdirect.com/catalog.cfm

The wiring wasn't there for the side porch light I installed. I took off the track for the sliding bed, unscrewed the interior panel just enough to run wires to the light and drilled a hole through the exterior camper siding. The wires then go under the seat and over to the factory wiring up by the fridge.

I'm thinking the side light will be a good idea as I always bbq on that side and have used a flashlight.

Hella Worklight Wiring

b team, I like what you did with the lights - nice install. I'm also thinking to follow your lead- swap out the dual beam hella for the porch light and move the porch light under the awning.

I could really use some back-up lighting and figure the hella would work well for that as well as general camp/task lighting.

So I'm curious how you wired it- do you have both beams on a switch inside the camper, or did you wire them separately, or ...?

I bought 2 blue top dual purpose optima batteries so I could get by w/o a vent. I had a single regular deep cycle before that wasn't vented and never had any problems.

I haven't put in any switches for the backup/worklight. I might do as others have done and put a switch in the cab of the truck. Not sure yet but I will have a separate switch for each bulb. I do a lot of fishing and the bright rear light should be good for launching the boat at night or backing up at dead end trails.

The recessed hella worklight is adjustable for angle but can't get light right by the rear bumper. The light is more like 10 feet behind the truck. It has two bulbs, each 55W so it is a battery killer.

Right now I'm trying to work out the battery switches so I won't have dead batteries anymore.

I might add the porch light to the side. I have the stock floods in the rear already. At first I thought, nah, my lanterns are fine and I don't usually cook that close to the camper. But thinking about it some more, if it were very windy (not most of the time in the places I camp) that would be very handy. Having a nice high light would be nice for cooking.

The pic is my backup lighting. I already had run a heavy hot lead back to the 12v outlet just above the trailer plug. So I just added a relay back there, tapped into the existing backup lights to fire it. Does pretty good and I no longer have to get out and turn the camper floods on. Hmmm, guess I'll have to figure out how to adjust the date on my camera as I took that pic a few mintues ago :)

Attachments

• bakuplight.jpg
    bakuplight.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 1,163
B team:

Really like that Hella you mounted. I know it is flush, but a few questions....Exactly how is it held in place? Pretty secure? Can you run just one of the two bulbs?

Also, if flush mounted, is the beam low enough to light up the hitch area on the truck? I do like the porch light because it lights up just behind and near the truck.

I am lucky that I have two porch lights, one in back and one on the passenger side.....

dave

B team:

Really like that Hella you mounted. I know it is flush, but a few questions....Exactly how is it held in place? Pretty secure? Can you run just one of the two bulbs?

Also, if flush mounted, is the beam low enough to light up the hitch area on the truck? I do like the porch light because it lights up just behind and near the truck.

I am lucky that I have two porch lights, one in back and one on the passenger side.....

dave

The light came with two SS screws on the sides. I put a piece of aluminum behind the camper exterior siding to give them something to bite into. It is secure. The lights are each 55W and i have them wired independently. The pattern is about the same with only one light on. With two on it is just brighter.

Unlike the porch light or a worklamp that mounts with a bolt this flush mount light does not light right behind the camper. The light hits the ground about 10-30' behind the camper. If you need light at the bumper you wont like this setup. The light is adjustable for angle but even at it's max down it doesn't get very close to the bumper. I might make a wedge so the light is closer to the rear of the truck.

For launching a boat or backing up on a trail it works well.

Added thru-bolted D-rings to keep stuff from movin' around while offroading. added magazine holders too.

IMG_1131.jpg

IMG_1134.jpg

Back
Top Bottom