b team eagle camper wire job

got rid of the box that the gas detector was in. Saves space. hanging wire is for a foot operated water pump switch. easier than having to use the factory switch.

IMG_1113.jpg

My table solution.

IMG_1112.jpg

IMG_1115.jpg

A/C. Removable. made a wooden platform. Exhausts hot air into truck cab. Need to keep windows down 1" or so. I did it this way so it didn't look "trailer" with a window a/c hanging off the side of the camper. Unit fits thru sliding camper window. Had to tape up some of the vents. If this doesn't work well enough then I'll move the camper back about 1" from the truck bed for more air circulation. Tested today in the sun, 95F weather. After about 45 minutes the camper (popped up) temp was 84. Felt a lot cooler directly in front of the ac :D .

When I turned off the a/c the camper temp went right up. Obviously they aren't insulated very much. I think that in the dark when nighttime temps are still in the high 80s-90s it will work well enough so I can sleep. But with the sun beating down it isn't powerful enough to get really cold (only 6000btu).

Some pics.

IMG_1105.jpg

IMG_1107.jpg

IMG_1109.jpg

Where do you get those magazine holders? I need some :)
Interesting idea on the ac. Almost makes me wish I had the sliding window. D rings aren't bad either. Hmmm, I think i need to make run down to the hardware store.

The story on the magazine holders is a long one...

Bell automotive used to make them and walmart sold them for around $6. I should have bought a bunch because they don't anymore. I got mine from the marine section at cabelas for a whole lot more. This was about 6 months ago. Maybe you could find them elsewhere or make your own. I tried camping world and the local trailer rv supply with no luck.

hello bteam

Nice Work !

I will save those air condition pictures for future customers.

Here are some pictures of the air conditioner unit we offer in the Hawk & Grandby models currently.

You won't see it on the price list or web page (it is still a custom application).

We try and stay away from installing them because they are just not that "beefy". They are designed to be installed in an office wall and left there. They are not built for off road use and don't last as long if you are bouncing it to death on the wash board roads. We will install them for the customers that really have to have them, but you won't see it listed.

thanks again for sharing your front window installation pictures !

Attachments

• inside air conditioner.JPG
    inside air conditioner.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 1,298
  • outside air conditioner.JPG
    outside air conditioner.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 1,337
Thanks for the picture Stan. I saw one in Mammoth last year and thought that the owner must have put it in because I did not think you offered an AC. You guys did about as nice an install as possible, but I still think the AC's hanging out look cheezy!

just an update on the a/c...

It works great at night or shade. It gets cold enough to cycle on/off. In direct sunlight it's only good for around 10-15 F degrees below ambient and runs continuous.

With the top down it's like a meat locker! On a long drive when you just need to get some sleep and out of the heat it takes less than 5 minutes to open the window, put support in, a/c, and connect generator.

The EU 1000 runs the AC as long as it's not on the eco setting. The generator runs out of fuel after a few hours so you have to get up in the middle of the night and go pour gas in it and all over the ground :rolleyes: lol.

A 2000W on the eco setting might be a better choice.

I'm happy with this project. It's nice to have the luxury of a bigger camper and still be able to take it out when i don't want the bulk of an air conditioner. Plus, unless you look real close at the camper you can't even see the window mount a/c.

Update on the a/c project. You will need to fuel a small generator with an external tank if you plan to run the a/c more than 4 hours. Getting up in the middle of the night due to running out of gas isn't fun. Easy and cheap to build an external tank system. Internet search for Honda EU2000i external fuel tank. A small outboard boat gas tank, primber bulb, and hose would work great.

The EU1000 doesn't have enough power (900W) to run a small a/c and charge a camper battery or two. I have two deep cycle batteries and trying to charge them using the factory FWC converter and run the ac tripped the overload on the generator.

Under 2 gallons of fuel for a night or around $6 for a good nights sleep (+ cost of generator, a/c, and extra weight :D

Thanks for the update. I have the eu 2000 and it actualy throttles down once my portable AC gets started, fuel lasts 6 hours or more. I was thinking I could get away with the eu1000 and save some space but it sounds like I should stick with what I have.

Have you tried the AC with the top up and some kind of insulation on the sideliner?

Thanks,
Sam

Have you tried the AC with the top up and some kind of insulation on the sideliner?

Thanks,
Sam

No. I'm happy with the results as I mostly only use it at night to get some sleep. I'm sure some insulation would help as the sides get real hot. Getting the camper under a tarp might be easier and cheaper though.

Installed LCD digital voltage meter. Thought this would give a little more info on battery condition. Meter is a lascar electronics purchased from allied electronics

http://www.alliedelec.com/Search/ProductDetail.asp?SKU=572-0002&MPN=EMV1200&R=572%2D0002&sid=46FEE7001F98617F

Simply drilled a hole in the stock FWC water/battery display and attached positive and neg wires to the correct wires on the factory wiring harness. It reads voltage when you press the monitor button. If i had better skills I'd solder it to the circuit board but I just used wire taps. Check it out.

IMG_1556.jpg

IMG_1560.jpg

Installed LCD digital voltage meter. Thought this would give a little more info on battery condition. Meter is a lascar electronics purchased from allied electronics

Simply drilled a hole in the stock FWC water/battery display and attached positive and neg wires to the correct wires on the factory wiring harness. It reads voltage when you press the monitor button. If i had better skills I'd solder it to the circuit board but I just used wire taps. Check it out.

Hi b team,

I have also used this volt meter. Have them on the dash and in the camper. Also installed them on two other FWC's. Just bent a peice of sheet metal and attached to the fuse pannel mounting.

Good placement you have found for yours. I wired the ground to a ground and the positive I tied in onto the output of the water pump switch. This way it will stay on longer so you won't have to keep pressing the monitor switch. The on-demand pumps don't run long and the non ones only run when the faucet swich is turned on with my Sure flo faucet (switch in the knob)

Attachments

• VoltMeter1.jpg
    VoltMeter1.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 925
  • voltmeter.jpg
    voltmeter.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 949
  • X-storage6.jpg
    X-storage6.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 982
  • WaterFaucet1.jpg
    WaterFaucet1.jpg