b team eagle camper wire job

I ended up using some small chunks of ledger angle under the truck bed frame. should distribute the load right down to the truck frame. I will need to beef up the camper next. the thought of that thing coming off while heading up some steep bumpy gravel road is terrible.

Attachments

• P4030557.jpg
    P4030557.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 501
  • P4030560.jpg
    P4030560.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 475
mesh pockets

Found em. I didnt have any luck googling magazine racks, until I tried using "mesh".

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0001651014397a&type=product&cmCat=search&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&QueryText=mesh&N=4887&Ntk=Products&Ntx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&Ntt=mesh&noImage=0

A little more than six bucks, but not too bad.

Craig, The link above didn't work for me and I also tried a search for "mesh" on the Cabela's site with no luck. Any add'l hints you can provide?

As far as I can tell those are no longer available. Shame. I've googled for hours and found nothing.

Nightlight LED with switches mounted to fan.

one is solid red. the other is a multi color slow changing led. All were purchased from superbright leds.

Added some anti slip stuff from lowes to storage compartment and refrigerator.

i replaced some of my incandescants in the ceiling fixtures with the superbright products back in 07 when the camper was new. its been very convenient to flip the fixture on to the "single bulb" setting and have only the led provide light.

well i just had my first failure.

the array of leds, its 6 X 6 , would not come on while in the ceiling fixture. i removed the cover and flexed the little circuit board and it lit up. the only thing common to the whole array is a 1N4007 diode used to prevent reverse polarity disasters but for the life of me i do not see a crack in it. i am pretty good at inspecting this type of stuff too.....lotsa years in manufacturing. i reflowed the leads on the diode and its working reliably now.

I'm sure I'm being obtuse here but I dont understand the need for this expensive modification. I have a 300hp diesel generator sitting under the hood of my truck.

Umm...because it's better for the environment to use solar than spew exhaust in an idle vehicle to charge a battery.

Installed LCD digital voltage meter. Thought this would give a little more info on battery condition. Meter is a lascar electronics purchased from allied electronics

Thank you b team for this great post. I just completed my volt meter installation.

Note that the volt meter used in this example had a maximum voltage of 24 volts. The same company makes a voltmeter exactly identical except it has a maximum of 40 volts. I ordered the latter in hopes that in case of a spike...the meter wouldn't get fried.

Thank you b team for this great post. I just completed my volt meter installation.

Note that the volt meter used in this example had a maximum voltage of 24 volts. The same company makes a voltmeter exactly identical except it has a maximum of 40 volts. I ordered the latter in hopes that in case of a spike...the meter wouldn't get fried.

Glad this thread is helpful. I haven't been doing any modifications lately. Everything is still working well.

I replaced the optima batteries (too weak to use anymore) with 2 6V golf cart batteries and changed out the charge/converter for a Iota DLS 45A IQ4. Added a fuse sub panel to clean up things a bit.

I removed the CO detector due to it false alarming.

Back
Top Bottom