b team eagle camper wire job

hanging wire is for a foot operated water pump switch. easier than having to use the factory switch.

IMG_1113.jpg

Sorry to bring up this old post, but can you share more info about the foot operated water pump switch?

I am thinking a switch about knee height would be about the best... nothing to step on in the middle of night.

Mike

no problem. This thread includes everything I have and will do to my camper. It is never ending. I'll get some pictures tomorrow.

Solar update. I really enjoy the solar power system. I only take the generator on trips when I am using A/C. The system provides plenty of power to keep the engel going 24 hrs a day, fantastic fan, radio, inverter for laptop, sat tv, etc. No more worries about a dead vehicle battery. One thing I want to add is a faring in front of the solar panel to help with aerodynamics.

Updated LED lighting and added nightlight and reading light.

Wiring for LED interior light and red reading light.
IMG_3828.jpg

All that wiring is for a two reading lights. One is mounted in the light fixture. the other is portable and will get some velcro to stick on to the side of the camper.

IMG_3848.jpg

IMG_3840.jpg

IMG_3842.jpg

I went with red because it's easy on the eyes and low intensity. You can't tell in the pic but there is enough light to read.

IMG_3836.jpg

IMG_3829.jpg

IMG_3832.jpg

I replaced my original LEDs with these new ones. They are brighter and give off a much nicer light.

Old LED

IMG_3837.jpg

New LED

IMG_3838.jpg

Added cupholder / junkholder to bunk

IMG_3839.jpg

Nightlight LED with switches mounted to fan.

one is solid red. the other is a multi color slow changing led. All were purchased from superbright leds.

IMG_3831.jpg

Added some anti slip stuff from lowes to storage compartment and refrigerator.

IMG_3843.jpg

Here is the foot switch I made. Just a momentary switch in a box. It would be better to use a "foot switch" but they were more money.

To use the electric pump you turn on the pump master switch on the FWC control panel and then push the foot switch for water. When traveling just velcro the switch up under the cabinet and turn off the master switch. Works great!

WMRS2008102.jpg

Next project is to improve interior lighting when the top is down.

My bad...

have you thought about wirint that via a seperate set of wires directly to the camper battery?
i wonder if there would be any benefit?

hey Mark! opinion here?

battery info to the 10th of a volt is important.

the meter impedance should be such that it would present a better view if it had its own electrical path to the battery....i think.

Jeff, first off I hope you will accept a response a year and three months too late. I only saw this post tonight. I am sorry to have missed it.

As you observed, the panel meter's impedance should very high, so any voltage drop due to long wires should be considerably less than 1/10th Volt.

I'm more interested in having the panel meter hooked in front of possible open fuses. Blown fuse = no reading.

BTW, I got an analog meter from the local Fry's for six bucks.

Bad news.... LR eye bolt pulled out of camper and took a big chunk of wood with it. :(

Going to have to modify so this doesn't happen again.

Got any pics?...curious

Yes ill take some this weekend. I was driving along with the sun directly overhead. hit some whoops/washout that fully compressed the stock truck suspension. I knew trouble was imminent. The rear of the truck went into the air and pulled the rear eyebolts and surround metal of the truck bed up an inch. It was too much force and the l/r eyebolt pulled out of the camper. :eek:

I looked in the mirror and could see the rear of the camper get airborne off the truck. also the front cabover touched the roof of the truck and left some good scratches.

Inside the camper two bottles of alcohol exploded as they flew from under the seat and crashed back to the floor.:rolleyes: At least the porta potty held tough.

It looks like the l/r eyebolt is hidden behind the furnace so it's not going to be a ez repair like the other 3 would be.

Why not try through the bed bolts?

During the Death Valley trip there were a lot of people checking and adjusting their turnbuckles. One person even lost a turnbuckle but carried a spare. Same person has the bed pulling apart like the Toyota T-100’s.

I have the camper bolted through the bed. After all the dirt roads and getting air born after the 500 pound Cow Elk there is not any problems or damage.

The underside has a double nut and this past week I have removed all the bolts easily to get the bumper repaired.

All I’m saying is since 1993 both campers have been bolted through the bed and I’m living good not going through the turnbuckle saga. Bolting through the bed may not be for everybody, nor may work.

Patrick,
Do you have any photo's or a link to the way you bolted down your camper.thanks
That is to bad about the LM'S T100s bed pulling through.any photo's?
This is a good lesson for the less careful types like myself.:D

Patrick,
Do you have any photo's or a link to the way you bolted down your camper.thanks
That is to bad about the LM'S T100s bed pulling through.any photo's?
This is a good lesson for the less careful types like myself.:D

I can get you some pictures.

It was not the T-100 at DV that had the bed pull up.

Pic, Hardware

snow hunter,

Here is a picture of what I use. Plate steel inside and outside sandwich. Inside has the corners radius and painted white. Bolt, washers, lock washers, and double nut. You can use any plate size you need.

Don't forget to look under the bed for the easiest place to put them, I.E. don't put them ontop of the gas tank and you can't even reach them. Make it a clear shot and you wont be pissed later. And don't drill through anything.
:D

Attachments

• CIMG4876.JPG
    CIMG4876.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 440
Patrick,

Thanks for the visual ,I will need to upgrade my system and use plates rather then washers and also double up on hardware.I have experienced some loose turnbuckels and now you got me thinking about the what if factor.

Wow, that was some force involved. You got a fix it plan yet?

My $.02 while I drink some caffeine before heading out to tinker on the camper. I'd like try to fill the area back in with fiberglass and resin to give it some compression strength and then sandwich it with some metal plates that extend beyond the area affected. Good luck. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom