Back to the East Side of the Sierra

Awesome pictures. Looks like a great getaway.

I love living in Florida, but weekend getaways like that are impossible.

Can't wait to get to travel......

Sweet trip report, 3pin, love the pics. Recognized Buckeye and Dundenberg from the photos before reading captions.
I wish I had been able to get to the East Side a week or two earlier this year.

We're headed that way this friday. So far I'm thinking 395 south to Bridgeport; probably to Buckeye HS for a soak.
Gotta hit the hot springs on the East Side! Then, we're gonna play it by ear, weather dependent until Monday.
More weather on the way.

I'd like to visit Lundy Cyn. which I've somehow managed to miss all these years, but wonder if the color has receded. We may prowl the lower elevations (Lee Vining, Mono Lk., etc .) while I pursue the fall colors with my DSLR. The other calling is to visit the East Walker for some late season fly fishing. Then there's this remote hot spring we found last time down river . . .

Ahh, the choices of un-reserved camping! Go wherever, whenever, however!
This is why I bought my FWC.

Great shots of the country, Ski3pin!
You were on the same side of the Range as I am, but you obviously got into into it (the country) a lot more than I have -- so far, anyway.
Thanks for the report/photos. :)

Hey Ski there is great views from the top of Dunderberg and Excelsior peak if you have not been up. With a car shuttle twice we have been from Virginia to Green Creek is a good hike also.

Thanks for the pictures of the area and wait for next year to get back. So many places to go…………………….

Hi Ski,

Great report and pics as usual! We were thinking about heading up to Hope Valley and Hwy. 88 area next weekend to do some fall hiking and aspen viewing but this spot looks great. Is there good boondock camping anywhere along the road and meadow there?

Rich, along Green Creek Road starting at Dynamo Pond there are several spur roads that lead to dispersed sites all the way up to the end of the road at the now closed USFS campground.

Hey Ski there is great views from the top of Dunderberg and Excelsior peak if you have not been up. With a car shuttle twice we have been from Virginia to Green Creek is a good hike also.

Thanks for the pictures of the area and wait for next year to get back. So many places to go…………………….

Patrick, this is great country and we are really enjoying the exploration. We have a friend who has skied Dunderburg a couple of times. In good snow conditions going from Virginia Lakes and out at Green Creek looks like a great spring ski.

Back
Top Bottom