Back up Camera Lens/Brkt

goinoregon

Anyone have some recent experience with sourcing and installing a backup camera lens on bumper or camper? the last discussion i saw on this site was 2017.
I have a 2015 GMC with backup lens on tailgate. When i install camper - no backup camera. I found a backup lens kit on Camera-Source, which says the harness will match up the the vehicle.
Was hoping to find a lens that would work from bumper, to minimize 'stuff' on the back of the camper.
Anyone have a recommendation?? would like to find one with a compatible wiring harness.
thx
go

ski3pin said:
I installed a backup camera that mounts to the top of a matching license plate frame.
ok, great. do you happen to know make/model/source ?
an do you like it ?

goinoregon said:
ok, great. do you happen to know make/model/source ?
an do you like it ?
Oh, so long ago but I'll try. When I first installed a backup camera I bought a license plate frame/ backup camera combo. It was from Pioneer. The camera attached with a couple screws to the frame. Two years ago the camera stopped working and I replaced the camera and retrofitted the new to the original camera spot on the frame.

It works great for us.

I got mine from Camera Source. Bracket screws on to the license plate. Harness is plug and play. Works great. 2017 Ram.

Jack said:
Checkout this link: https://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/topic/20044-tailgate-camera-use-with-tailgate-off/?hl=camera

I am very happy with the Camera Source camera. They cover most pickup models and they connect to the trucks wiring and display. Standalone backup cameras are cheaper but you have to wire them, power them, and figure out where to put the display on the dashboard. The one plus to standalone is continuous rear view display.
thx for the link. i used the search, but came up with an older thread

I purchased a factory camera from Ford dealer and installed in the lower rear bed panel.

Attachments

• 20160423_180456.jpg
    20160423_180456.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 79

Back
Top Bottom