Basic Ocelot Shell Build

trailrider

Advanced Member
Here is a basic functional build we did on an Ocelot shell. We wanted our camper to be versatile and functional. We spend most of the time outside except if the weather is bad. We wanted to be able to sleep 4 people and eat inside. I also wanted to be able to put mountain bikes inside the camper. Basically I built two benches on each side at window height ledge to take advantage of its width. They also can be used as benches for sitting and relaxing.

IMGP0841_1.jpg

IMGP0846_1.jpg

I have a Isotherm Crusie CR85 DC compressor refrigerator (3ft3) that has a small freezer. A porta-potti fits underneath it.

IMGP0848_1.jpg

This bench can be slid out wider for sleeping. I was limited in length due to the refrigerator. A short person can sleep diagonally. There feet hang off a little. I am going to make a removable

IMGP0849_1.jpg

Side bed extended. Can walk between to exit without disturbing other person.
IMGP0850_1.jpg

In bad weather we use TV trays to cook and eat off of.

IMGP0853_1.jpg

My benches are only attached with a few screws and can easily be removed and turned back to stock. My mods should not hurt resale value.
IMGP0860R_1.jpg

Mountain bikes in camper
Bikes.jpg

nice - we went super basic too (although we had ATC build it out) for many of the same reasons...just threw down on a yakima fullswing for our bikes -- hopefully it's worth it.

congrats!

Back
Top Bottom