Battleborn battery teardown

Cutting open and expensive battery. Glad he's doing it because there is now way I'd ever do that.

I've heard his complaints about FLA's and I don't argue about lithiums being better but I really wonder what his applications are. I'll go to lithium when my current AGM's die but I don't expect that to be for many years yet and they meet my needs just fine. The only reason I could see going swapping out to lithiums early is if weight is a big issue or your charging conditions are such where the faster charging time is critical.

craig333 said:
I've heard his complaints about FLA's and I don't argue about lithiums being better but I really wonder what his applications are. I'll go to lithium when my current AGM's die but I don't expect that to be for many years yet and they meet my needs just fine. The only reason I could see going swapping out to lithiums early is if weight is a big issue or your charging conditions are such where the faster charging time is critical.
If you have good AGM's then by all means, use them! I bet the dual 6v Rolls 275AH batteries in my last camper will run for a decade or more if the new owner cares for them well. I went with Battleborn in my "new" camper for the fast charge and smaller size.

Back
Top Bottom