Bed Mat - What Should I Get?

stov67

Long Time Reader - First Time Poster
Hello Everyone. I am picking up my newly ordred Grandby in Reno at the end of Feb. I have been preparing my truck for the installation of the new camper. I know I need to get a bed mat(to prevent shifting)can anyone recommend a brand and where to order it.. I live in southern Utah. I am so excited to finally be getting my Grandby. Thanks

Our truck has a sprayed in liner, so I can't help with a mat suggestion.

I will offer congrats on getting your new camper and know how exciting and fun in can be to get geared up. :) Safe and happy travels and welcome!

Google "truck bed mat" to get the idea of what you need.

Found this site online with free shipping, http://www.truckchamp.com/,looks like your mat would run about 100 bucks. I bought mine at a camper shell/Tonneau Cover dealer here in town. You should be able to find one near you if you prefer.

Welcome Newguy,

I just ordered a Dee Zee rubber bed mat from Amazon for $69, free shipping, and no sales tax.
I will be putting the mat on top of a Line-X over the rail spray in.

All I need now is for my ordered truck and camper to arrive!

Welcome Newguy,

I just ordered a Dee Zee rubber bed mat from Amazon for $69, free shipping, and no sales tax.
I will be putting the mat on top of a Line-X over the rail spray in.

All I need now is for my ordered truck and camper to arrive!

There you go, thats a deal.

Try your local feed store or tack supplier. The rubber mat used for the floors of horse stalls is thicker, cheaper, and way more heavy-duty.

I use this stuff... floor runner rubber material.
About 1/8" thick, grooves on one side, flat and smooth on the other side.
I usually put it in the truck bed when the sun can heat it up a bit, so it first lays flat (unrolled) and then gets a little sticky, then I load the camper.
In the 14 months I've had my Bobcat, I've probably put the camper on and off at least 8 times, when I needed the truck to be a truck... hauling stuff.

Got it at Orchard Supply Hardware, I didn't have many choices locally.
I think it was $3 - $4 per foot, for me 6 feet long, thus between $18 - $24 total cost.
Sorry for the high contrast photos (white truck - black mat), however, it doesn't even go all the way across from side to side (hard to see that), maybe about 36" or 38" wide.

The ATC guys said just get something that wasn't too thick or spongy.
When I showed up with this, they said it was good.
Camper has never shifted on any trip I've been on with it.
I don't think it provides any temperature insulation, I use a removable indoor/outdoor carpet inside the camper for that.

Rolledcloseup.jpg

Partiallyunrolled.jpg

Getting ready to put the camper back on the truck on Saturday, so it was easy to pull out the rubber mat and do a photo or two.

What about something like this:

http://www.americanfloormats.com/drainage-rubber-mats/

Would that be better or worse for moisture build up or drainage? Is that even an issue?

Back
Top Bottom