bed sliding out when driving!

dennis 221

so direct me to the pages that cover a solution for the hawk bed sliding out while driving! thanks! opened the camper yesterday an the bed was in full extension! is there a solution to keep it in place???

I’m thinking a hole drilled into the top of the slide rail, with a dowel inserted when traveling would be one way of securing the bed.

We just kept the bed all the way out in our pop ups to avoid anything moving.

Hello Dennis

Just make a tiny wedge for either or both sides of the slide.

Be glad it slides so well...some slides jam up a lot

David Graves

Leave the bed made up, and it should provide enough resistance to keep it from sliding.

I also made the bed and it stayed in place. Then one day I noticed that I never used the pull out bed - I always used it pushed in. I slept above cross way, and my wife slept below on the couch. So I just removed the pull out section! This saved weight, added a bit of headroom above, eliminated the lip making it easier to get into bed, and eliminated the 1/2 inch transition at end of pull out section. Much better, for how I use my camper!

On this topic

We each sleep cross ways....one up and one down....our Hawk shell model has a cross bunk at the lower front.

In the upper bunk the forward portion houses plastic boxes which gets them out of the way and makes a bedside table.

We typically swap who sleeps where every other night.

Downstairs makes early coffee.

David Graves

Do you slide out the bed and then put in the cushions to form a queen or king?
If not...
Here is something I did with my upper bed area to even the lump left underneath the sliding portion. You could then add some tape between the slide out and whatever you used.

gallery_5772_149_176428.jpg

BTW I'm surprised your bed slides out on it own. I've never heard of that issue before.

Back
Top Bottom