Before I Die I Will?

Spend an entire summer in Katmai National Park so I can photograph and watch these awesome animals.

Photo taken in August while in Katmai National Park

KatmaiGrizzly-10-L.jpg

MidAtlantic said:
Hike Grand Canyon R2R, or even R2R2R (!), in one day. Backpack the Little Colorado from Cameron to confluence. Turning 62 in May, so better hurry

Adventure before dementia?
Whoa - now this is an adventure, especially if done solo!

http://www.hayduketrail.org/

The Hayduke Trail is an extremely challenging, 800-mile backcountry route through some of the most
rugged and breathtaking landscapes on earth. Located entirely on public land, the trail links six of the
National Parks on the Colorado Plateau in Southern Utah and Northern Arizona with the lesser known, but
equally splendid, lands in between them. Encompassed in the route are Arches, Canyonlands, Capitol Reef,
Bryce Canyon, Grand Canyon and Zion National Parks as well as Grand Staircase-Escalante National
Monument, Glen Canyon National Recreation Area and numerous National Forests, BLM Districts,
Primitive Areas, Wilderness Areas and Wilderness Study Areas.

Hayduke_Trail_Map-389x458.jpg

Wow, some of you people have so great wishes and i may have to put them on my list. My wish is much more basic; I turn 72 this month so my wish is to be able to take my pop-up into the way back country this Spring, hoist a back pack up on my back again and hike the dog up into the high country and find a good lake; fish and explore all day , then drink some good sipping whiskey with some good friends and lie about everything, while eating a fine camp fire cooked meal, and go to sleep watching the stars and thinking about how lucky I am to be able to still do this :D ! Yep, that sounds good to me!

Smoke

Back
Top Bottom