Bench Seat to Bed

cksea

I'm trying to find out how the bench seat converts to a bed. This camper is pre roll over couch, guessing '02-'03), previous owner has a OSB sheet under the seating area and no "legs" to support the cushions.

Im looking to rebuild it closer original design.

cksea said:
I'm trying to find out how the bench seat converts to a bed. This camper is pre roll over couch, guessing '02-'03), previous owner has a OSB sheet under the seating area and no "legs" to support the cushions.

Im looking to rebuild it closer original design.
If it's a FWC give Stan a call he will help you in your issue.
Frank

I had a 1984 FWC Keystone at one time. As I recall the couch back had two fold down, lock in place legs to support the part of the bed that extended into the aisle.

The legs were similar (same) in design as the overcab hinged bed extension support legs (the older campers did not have slide out overcab bed floors they were hinged and folded down over the front window (truck cab end) .

Perhaps someone with an older model camper can post a couple of pictures.

Regards,

Craig

On my 2000 Eagle, the bench was a one-piece plywood with folding legs. You slid the seat away from the wall, folded down the legs, and put the seat back flat between the seat and the wall.

??
xHOXj5x.jpg

70lxOUi.jpg

7rnBIsd.jpg

CCyDHeU.jpg

gn2700c.jpg

k9qqsES.jpg

RleLXUy.jpg

IQbSsjc.jpg

riI6oi9.jpg

HFhC35l.jpg

David, thank you so much. I will be using these photos to rebuild it. My camper is an Grandby built Oct '03 for the record.

In my 1998 Ranger II the seat was similar. I added a third leg in the middle because the plywood was not all that strong.

Back
Top Bottom