Bend Beer Best

MarkBC

The Weatherman
Site Team
From the World Beer Awards, Deschutes Brewery -- Bend's first/oldest brewer -- snagged "World's Best" overall with their "Red Chair Northwest Pale Ale" -- 2nd time in 3 years, as well as winning "best" in other categories of beer.

nwpa.jpg

Is it really best?
Who knows -- no arguing esthetics...and I don't drink anyway, so I don't even have an opinion.
huh.gif

FWIW: "Red Chair" is one of the old, original chair lifts at Bend ski area Mt. Bachelor. I think they don't use it a lot anymore since the newer ones have so much more capacity. But I don't downhill ski anymore, so I don't know much about the beer's namesake, either anymore.
blink.gif

Good for them. Deschutes makes nice beers, though I'm not a pale ale fan.

The Elk burger at their taphouse is ridiculously awesome.

I don't think "Red chair" is as good this year as in past, but my friend has keg on tap in his garage. RPM IPA is the new king of beers in Bend. They actually ran the newly repainted red chair on sunday, only because Mt. Bachelor doesn't know how to run a mtn.

Wow, Mark more details, plan to head to the coast on Tuesday, but since we got no snow here, maybe i go to Bend, no maybe later, got to smell the salt first before I head your way, yep, no snow or rain, time to let "Bob" play in the serf for a while.

Smoke