Bend is sooo beer-cool!...or beer-crazy?

Well Hell...this makes perfect sense!

I mean....what goes better with automobiles and driving than alcohol?

To answer your question - texting on cell phones.

A mix of all three could be the ultimate high.

And, I remember the liquor store that also sold ammo, it was located in the deep south, with a drive-thru.

Considering this, I just find it hard to believe Dirty Dog left Bend.

If you read the comments on that article you'll see why I left Bend :oops:

If you read the comments on that article you'll see why I left Bend :oops:

They're kind of all over the place...which ones chap you: the pro-growler or anti?

They're kind of all over the place...which ones chap you: the pro-growler or anti?

The comments about growlers promoting drinking and driving. Pretty dumb. I'm just kidding really though about leaving because of the comments there's always a few dumb arses in any crowd. I'll have to stop by that station next time I go through town.

The comments about growlers promoting drinking and driving. Pretty dumb. I'm just kidding really though about leaving because of the comments there's always a few dumb arses in any crowd. I'll have to stop by that station next time I go through town.

Yep -- no different getting a growler filled at that station than at the brew-pub.
It is kinda discouraging to see how dumb your fellow citizens are...just hope they don't vote. :rolleyes:

One of the replies was pretty accurate. He said it isn't like someone is going to be drinking from a 64 oz glass bottle while driving. That's probably seven or eight pounds total. Kind of tough to be sneaking sips from that while driving. You have always been able to get 6 pack/12 packs at gas stations. Anyone drinking and driving is going to be getting those. Don't get me wrong, as a Traffic Engineer that is on a local Major Accident Investigation Team (MAIT), I've seen the results of drinking and driving first hand. I'm just saying I don't think selling growlers will be adding to the problem. Totally different product and consumer.

Besides, we all know you left Bend for an even stronger force than your love of beer. :cool:

As an ex-drinker, I just find it highly ironic that such casualness exists in our society surrounding the use of one of the most addictive drugs on the planet.

Hopefully all of you who think this ease of access is well and good will carry the same understanding (casualness) towards >other< people's drug use and the similar enjoyment they recieve from using the drug of THEIR choice when the various legalization (marijuana) measures come before you at the polls in the upcoming election/decade.

be safe out there, whether yer tippin a 64, snortin a line, smoking a bowl, or shootin some junk....

it's all the same switch yer flippin in yer head...whatever drug you choose to use. :rolleyes:

As an ex-drinker, I just find it highly ironic that such casualness exists in our society surrounding the use of one of the most addictive drugs on the planet.

Hopefully all of you who think this ease of access is well and good will carry the same understanding (casualness) towards >other< people's drug use and the similar enjoyment they recieve from using the drug of THEIR choice when the various legalization (marijuana) measures come before you at the polls in the upcoming election/decade.

be safe out there, whether yer tippin a 64, snortin a line, smoking a bowl, or shootin some junk....

it's all the same switch yer flippin in yer head...whatever drug you choose to use. :rolleyes:

Actually, most people who drink aren't addicted to it, so it's not true to say that alcohol is one of the most addictive drugs. If you wanted to make a point about alcohol and wanted to be accurate you could say "Alcohol has caused more problems than any other drug on the planet". But that's true because the total number of users is so large and has been for thousands of years, not because most users are addicted and cause problems -- they're not and they don't.

I, too, am an ex-drinker, and I chose to stop because, unlike my friends who all drink, I really was addicted to it. I also chose to not replace it with some other drug, because -- as you say -- it's all the same to some part of my brain. And because I want to see things clearly and think clearly all the time....I love the high desert, but I don't want to love the desert high...not any more, anyway. ;) But I don't have the right to tell my friends that they also have to be "awake" all the time...just when they're driving, etc.

Oregon is one of those states with a vote coming up...I suppose the logically-consistent vote for me would be "Yes". :unsure:

Ah...but this legal coffee buzz sure is fun, huh? :LOL: Zip! Zing!

I hear where you are coming from Mark....but like alcohol....heroin and many other "party" drugs with no other recognized use (but to get you loaded) can also be used intermittently without addiction....just as someone using alcohol can also do. Or...the user can become an alkie or a junkie....because all addictions are >progressive< in nature.

Yet those drugs/substances >aren't< legal like alcohol is? Hmmm. I wonder why folks can't seem to make the same link here? It's exactly the same lost link that is used by the gun happy folks who say "that gun sittin' on the table isn't what kills people, people kill people". Um...heroin/other drugs don't kill anyone sittin on the table either.....but then again...like a gun...it probably won't sit there very long before someone uses it....yet folks just can't see it the SAME way >because none of those substances are the substance THEY choose to use<. Funny how that happens....

I mean...when you speak of problems a drug can cause...like the many problems associated with alcohol use....how much trouble do the stoners cause? A clog up in the line at Dunkin' donuts??

Ironically, I won't be voting for the legalization measure here in CO regarding marijuana because it seems to be MORE about setting up a RETAIL distribution scheme and regulating it like alcohol...much like the current TAX SCHEME my State set up for the "dispensaries" who sell medical marijuana...then it does a PERSONAL freedom to grow/smoke in the privacy of your own residence/etc. Why do we need retail outlets when you can grow it at home?

The "clarity" without drug/drink you speak of is something I've experienced..... but for me...it was merely a revealling window into seeing just how dumbed down many folks in our society have become >without< drugs/alteration. Even high, some folks are miles ahead of the peeps in our society who just don't have it up there to lose in the first place... :LOL: (and that number is growing as we dumb things down more and more to meet their needs)

thanks for the volly....

sorry for the tangent...

Back
Top Bottom