Best Full Size Truck For Ruff Country Travel (W/ A Pop Up Camper)

There is some political movement to start annual inspections of trailers :mad: I just sold one and still have three left! This would be another case of the responsible being punished for the ignorance and recklessness of others. Can't imagine such a law would pass here in New Mexico but probably will in the great NE.

I will be the first to admit there are people out there that don't have a clue how to properly set up their equipment or even get the right equipment in the first place.

You saw an accident involving a double tow and think it is a bad practice. You also saw a vehicle towing a single travel trailer that also crashed. Sounds like his tow vehicle was inadequate for the job. But does that mean it is a bad practice for those that are set up correctly?
smile.gif

It sounds like you have the skills and the proper equipment.

The point is that many people that have rigs set up improperly or overloaded are out on the road. I've witnessed the overloaded or improperly loaded trailers fishtailing down the freeway at 75 mph...taking up 1 1/2 lanes. After seeing how some folks handle one trailer.....it is scary to even consider two trailers.

Just because something CAN be done.....doesn't mean it SHOULD be done.

Attachments

• overloaded_truck.jpg
    overloaded_truck.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 165
I will be the first to admit there are people out there that don't have a clue how to properly set up their equipment or even get the right equipment in the first place.

You saw an accident involving a double tow and think it is a bad practice. You also saw a vehicle towing a single travel trailer that also crashed. Sounds like his tow vehicle was inadequate for the job. But does that mean it is a bad practice for those that are set up correctly?
smile.gif

"Correctly" to one guy isn't the same to another, unfortunately. I'm sure the guy towing the camper that ended up pushing the Subaru wagon into the concrete median >thought< everything he was doing was "correct"....but his desire to have a crapper (please the wife) and everything else known to mankind on his trip obviously clouded his judgement. Go camping without all of da "toys" and a TV? Say what?

If you daisy-chain 3 vehicles....can you back all 3 vehicles up? That right there is the test. If you can...I support your endeavor. If not. Leave soma yer **** at home and remember there are other people sharing the road with you that don't deserve to die for you to be able to have "fun".

my $.02...FWIW.

mtn

"Correctly" to one guy isn't the same to another, unfortunately. I'm sure the guy towing the camper that ended up pushing the Subaru wagon into the concrete median >thought< everything he was doing was "correct"....but his desire to have a crapper (please the wife) and everything else known to mankind on his trip obviously clouded his judgement. Go camping without all of da "toys" and a TV? Say what?

If you daisy-chain 3 vehicles....can you back all 3 vehicles up? That right there is the test. If you can...I support your endeavor. If not. Leave soma yer **** at home and remember there are other people sharing the road with you that don't deserve to die for you to be able to have "fun".

my $.02...FWIW.

mtn

LOL

I am really looking forward to getting you around a campfire so we can share adult beverages while having a lively discussion!!! :LOL:

I have a pencil.

What in the heck is this "I have a pencil" stuff all the time? Are you like the constipated mathematician? Worked it out with a pencil? :LOL:

LOL

I am really looking forward to getting you around a campfire so we can share adult beverages while having a lively discussion!!!
laugh.gif

I quit the intake of adult beverages about 15 years ago, silvertip.

I only ingest one drug these days and I grow it myself. ;-)

I'd show pictures like you guys do with yer alcohol...but I doubt it'd be accepted the same way even though my actions here are legal . ;-)

be safe, be well.

mtn

I'd show pictures like you guys do with yer alcohol...but I doubt it'd be accepted the same way even though my actions here are legal . ;-)

be safe, be well.

mtn

Maybe pictures of eating twinkies and a not so lively discussion ;)

be safe, be well.

mtn

"To each, his own"

Doesn't bother me at all. We could still have fun!!! :D

Maybe pictures of eating twinkies and a not so lively discussion ;)

Not to worry. It wasn't going to be THAT lively!!! :D

Twinkies are good too though.

If I still drank the sauce it >would< be a lively conversation, silvertip.
rolleyes.gif

From yer stated acceptance for something that many have incredibly ridiculous and highly-hypocritical hang ups over, the one thing that is for certain is that I would enter our conversation with a high degree of respect.

passin to the left.... no wait..... wrong forum!

mtn

What in the heck is this "I have a pencil" stuff all the time? Are you like the constipated mathematician? Worked it out with a pencil? :LOL:

The pencil is the finest device ever devised by man for solving complex analytical problems … or, maybe it’s the eraser. :)

OK this thread has been going on for 12 pages now so let me just settle it once and for all: Ford.

Huh, what? Ohh, I just saw the thread title "Best Truck..." I don't mean to start anything, but the ToyForMahDodCheNisMazUniEtc is the best truck, hands down. ;)

Huh, what? Ohh, I just saw the thread title "Best Truck..." I don't mean to start anything, but the ToyForMahDodCheNisMazUniEtc is the best truck, hands down. ;)

My good friend Ike has one of those. He swears by it. :oops:

Mike

OK this thread has been going on for 12 pages now so let me just settle it once and for all: Ford.

AGREED!!! Well, except for the Power Wagon!!!! :D :D :D :p

Back
Top Bottom