Best option for shipping bulky items ?

DavidGraves

Howdy

What is the assembled wisdom for shipping some bulky items ?

I just collided with a $90 UPS charge to shipp two camp cairs from Michigan to Oregon.....

Anyone have in mind any better way to ship ?

Many thanks

David Graves

For smaller items Fedex, UPS, USPS, DHL, and others

For large items like a furniture, motorcycle, camper, trailer or car try uship. Probably not worth the hassle for small items unless it was a set of chairs or a table or such

Yep

I think it should be 24 X 24 X 10 " and 35 lbs.

Frustrating to find the the common citizen cannot arrange affordable shipping when the retail industry does it all the time....

Maybe the industry has to pay a lot also ?

David Graves

For oddball sized, especially small, items I find USPS the best. They usually have 3 or 4 different options depending on your need for speed or insurance and they are generally nearby.
If you go to a fedex or ups hub and avoid your local 'retail' outlet you will also get better pricing but then you spend time going there and they still don't really want to talk to you.

Freight density is the new god in the shipping industry so they are really pricing by volume anymore.

If they are still boxed or if you can get enough cardboard to box them, you can tape the two boxes together and try FASTENAL as a shipper. If you have one near you then you can get a quote and let them eyeball what you are sending. I know guys have been using them to ship engines on pallets so a couple deck chairs from the Titanic shouldn't be a problem....

Thanks Packrat

I had heard Fastenal had some sort of shipping deal.

I also checked Yesterdays Tractors' hauling schedule....a data base of folks hauling for the antique tractor trade....used to do that myself a bit.

DG

Back
Top Bottom