Best protectant for pop up soft side

BrewskiDV

I'm rolling with a '96 Hallmark Ute pop up and the soft side is starting to crack at some stress points. I have used flexible glue/sealant to fill most cracks but am wondering what the best conditioner is to use on the outside of the vinyl to prevent dry rot.

303 Protectant is the only thing I use.
http://www.303products.com/protectant/303r-aerospace-protectant-32oz.html

I'm rolling with a '96 Hallmark Ute pop up and the soft side is starting to crack at some stress points. I have used flexible glue/sealant to fill most cracks but am wondering what the best conditioner is to use on the outside of the vinyl to prevent dry rot.

Yes the 303 is the one.When you are in the web site make sure you order the aerospace protectant. ASs they have other good products but they aren't for vinyl.
Frank

My vote is also 303, and it works great for the dash of the tundra too. I believe the catch phrase is "It's like SPF40 for your stuff..." It works well for the dash, keeping harmful sun rays off and keeping a matte finish.

I use it on my soft sides, as well as all my hypalon river rafts mostly, where you'll get glossy finish on those applications.

sweet thanks peeps. Is it much different from Amour All dashboard protectant for car interiors/dashboards, or does it just cost 3 times as much?

sweet thanks peeps. Is it much different from Amour All dashboard protectant for car interiors/dashboards, or does it just cost 3 times as much?

Yes, and yes!

From the horses mouth:

"The pop-up section of the camper is the one part that takes some care. If you do the following, it will last as long as the camper does. When you have the camper stored, pop it up at least once a month and let it air out. Every six months, wash the outside with simple soap and water and then treat it with 303 Aerospace Protectant. 303 also makes a great cleaner. DO NOT USE Armor All on anything. This will destroy the liner over time. Follow these steps and your liner will stay in great shape over the years for you."

Repeat: DO NOT USE Armor Hell on anything!

Armor all is petroleum based. If you want something slippery and shiny its a great product. If you want it to dry out rot its a great product. If you want UV protection stay far away from armor all.

I've been using 303 on the vinyl top for my Jeep for fifteen years. Still looks and feels new except for where I poked a hole in it getting a little too close to a tree.

Back
Top Bottom