Best type of rug for camper?

LiveLifeNow

Advanced Member
When I bought my used FWC I removed the synthetic rug from the center aisle, as it was a dirtcatcher.

I would like to get a new rug, one that would be easy to roll up, take outside & shake clean when convenient.

In the experience of WTW members, what material is best suited for this purpose in terms of durability, ease of cleaning & price?

yep, whatever is cheap, since they get hammered. We also use the "Astroturf" pieces that you can find in hardware stores. Works great as a bootcleaner and easy to spray off with the hose.

Yep I go to Lowes and buy their feels like felt has rubber backing runner carpet. The kind they have on roll and cut to your length. Can cut for around cabinets and such... does not fray. At like a buck a foot I can replace every season. Oh and dog hair does not stick at well ;) I just pull out and use house vacuum to clean. Could even hose down if I wanted.

We bought some entry way rubber nubbed (astro turf like) mats from Bed Bath & Beyond that you just take out, hose off. We bought 3; 2 cover the floor and 1 is used on the ground.

Get rubber backed carpet, the dirt doesn't filter through.
Astroturf entry mats collect a lot of dirt from boots and paws.

jim

I check with a couple of local carpet stores and buy a small roll of scrap from leftover jobs. I then cut a piece that matches my exact floor footprint and I use it until too dirty and then use the old piece as a template for cutting a new one. I usually spend $25-30 on scrap and it will last a year or more and yield 4-5 templates.

I skipped the carpet altogether. I bought the rubber mats you would find in a restaurant. They are the thick ones with the big holes in them. They work awesome. All the dirt falls into the holes and the rubber mat feels good on the feet. Keeps Rubbermaids stable as well when traveling.

I'm with Sunni. I bought brown indoor/outdoor and cut to fit the entire footprint. We shake it out, or sometimes hose it with soap.
Having a basic covering over the linoleum/plywood floor will prolong the life of the OEM flooring and provide a bit of insulation for bare feet.

Back
Top Bottom