Best Way to Patch Vinyl?

Colorado CJ

Advanced Member
I'm in the process of rebuilding my FWC Keystone and need to patch some parts on my vinyl that have worn through.

What is the best method of patching? What's the best products to use? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Aqua seal is a product that is designed to patch PVC material on pontoon boats. I am sure it would work but there is a couple different colors. Kind of brown and one it kind of clear.

where are the holes. if along the bottom where its attached i used awning tape from the rv dealer. put it on the inside. comes in a three inch wide roll. used three i think.
as for small single holes etc. aqua seal would be a good start for sure.

I have had good luck with AqualSeal on waders and similar items, if the hole is very big I make a patch out of old panty hose material and seal it in place with AquaSeal or Goop.

Tear-Aid works GREAT!
It's clear, comes with alcohol wipes and different sizes. We've patched up a couple of holes inside and outside and they have sealed completely!
10064052.jpg

I bought both Tear Aid and Aquaseal for my rebuild.

I think Aquaseal works WAY better on exterior repairs from what I've done...I've also been using it for years on waders it's good stuff.

Back
Top Bottom