Big Sur

The Saints

Ok, Please bare with me, this is about my 12th time trying to post pictures, and I am sure I'm still not doing it right, but here it is.
We went up to the South Ridge Coast Road in Big Sur. The road is in great condition, and this time of year, very nice weather. There were a lot of fly's though.
I locked it in 4wd, just because it was easier to get up some hills it seemed to me, but I am sure not needed. I also locked it in 4wd low, and used my lockers, just to check them out. Worked great, but again, never needed.
We did use low when we started the decent back to reality, it seems that the camper fully loaded, pushes my brakes to the max. I may up grade those to something a bit beefier.
So the pic's just show what we were doing, but if you can see it, there is a snake swimming around in the pond.

'

Attachments

• DSCN0399 (800x600).jpg
    DSCN0399 (800x600).jpg
    380.7 KB · Views: 140
The pictures are up and running. I have heard of snakes in the grass, but in the lake? Seriously I was swimming in a pond as a youngster when a snake swam right up to me and went by. Scared the weebie jeebies out of me.

Keith Barnes
La Mesa CA

Thanks for the report and photos! This is a place we haven't spent any time in so we're excited to see this, thanks!

Insofar as photo posting I download to a member gallery and then link to a trip report as DD explains here: http://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/index.php?/topic/2349/

We look forward to seeing more of your trips!

Glad to hear the roads are in good shape. We are about due for a run up there. How did Willow Creek look?

Nice report Saints!

I did this same trip over Memorial Day weekend and it was great. I loved the area. Will try to get a trip report up soon. I have been lagging on posting pictures. I bought a new tundra in October and still haven't posted a pic of the new truck with the camper on. We didn't get down Los Burros because we were pressed for time and wanted to drive the old coast road. How was Los Burros and did you go for the road that takes you all the way down to Hearst Castle?

Rich, we did not get down Los Burros, for what ever reason, I lost my map on getting through to Hearst Castle. I couldn't find the way down, so we stopped short. Getting out at Willow creek was steep, but I stayed in my low- low a lot so my brakes didn't heat up.
Sunman, Willow creek was huge and blown out. Homo's had two guys out, but they were way on the inside and did not look like they were getting much.
Ski3, the place is beautiful, you have to check it out.
BUT THE FLIES WERE HORRIBLE!!! So many flies, I could not believe it. If you go, bring one of those instant shade gazebo type things with the screen around it. That will save you.

Back
Top Bottom