Bike Rack

elduderino

Hello!

I own a 1996 Tacoma with a 2008 Eagle. I'm going to spend the summer in Alaska with this rig and want to bring my bike. Does anyone have a good option for a bike rack? The Eagle does have the basic rack from FWC. I've seen some models that go on the front of a truck which looks like a good place to access the bike.

fwc.JPG

Thanks!

Have you seen this topic?
It's a most-ancient thread on the subject, but new posts were added this year.
Might be worth checking out if you haven't already.

Yakima also makes hitch mounted swing away bike racks. I have one for our Ford F250. Works great. Sometimes you can find them on Craigslist.

Good Luck,

TK

I'm using the Yakima swing away bike rack also. It's nice because it has a locking cable built in and it easily swings away so you can get in and out of the camper. Not too expensive if you shop around. I know Thule also makes one, bottom line is get a swing away.

Hello!

I own a 1996 Tacoma with a 2008 Eagle. I'm going to spend the summer in Alaska with this rig and want to bring my bike. Does anyone have a good option for a bike rack? The Eagle does have the basic rack from FWC. I've seen some models that go on the front of a truck which looks like a good place to access the bike.

View attachment 14128

Thanks!

I have one of the Thule T2 hitch racks that holds the wheels instead of the frame. My bike has a swoopy hydroformed top tube and a 20mm axle so the T2 works awesome for it and most of the other bikes I carry. I just tried it out with my new Eagle and even with the camper on I can still load my bike on the inner mount and the T2 tilts down which allows me to still open the door almost all the way. So I'm pleased.

I've never liked the top tube holder racks, but the swing out design is nice. Might have to build something similar with the spare sidearm racks I have...hmmm.

I can get some pics if you like. I highly recommend the T2 as well.

I have a Bodiak front receiver hitch. It took me about 10 minutes to install. I can put my fork mount bike carrier on it and it doesn't get in the way when we camp and there's no need to remove it. It's well out of the way.

http://www.bodiak.us/

Yep I prefer the tray design, much better especially with mountain bikes and there weird top tube angles, but I couldn't find one that swings out of the way.

I have one of the Thule T2 hitch racks that holds the wheels instead of the frame. My bike has a swoopy hydroformed top tube and a 20mm axle so the T2 works awesome for it and most of the other bikes I carry. I just tried it out with my new Eagle and even with the camper on I can still load my bike on the inner mount and the T2 tilts down which allows me to still open the door almost all the way. So I'm pleased.

I've never liked the top tube holder racks, but the swing out design is nice. Might have to build something similar with the spare sidearm racks I have...hmmm.

I can get some pics if you like. I highly recommend the T2 as well.

Back
Top Bottom