bills finger

Still sore, got the stitches out last Monday. Next Monday go to see the Dr again. I have a pin in the long finger that will be in at least another month, so no work on the camper until then. Index finger will be 3/4" or so shorter, long finger will be shorter by the with of a saw blade. But life goes on and is still good.

Bill

Had a good friend I worked with for 36 years,he had part of his finger pinched off . It was in between a pole and the back of a linetruck. Never slowed him down. Bothered him a little in cold weather. We are retired now so it,s better now. Glad to hear your doing good. Have a happy new year Mitch

Bill, the Lady & i wish you the best. Unfortunately we both can relate books and books worth finger injury information from nicks to replantation. Count yourself very lucky, even though that may be far from how you rightly feel. The biggest issue with recovery will be therapy and getting as much function as possible. Work hard, the rewards are worth it. Again, best wishes.

Thanks Ski I see the Dr again tomorrow morning. Hope to get back to the Hawk when the pin get out. Can't take a chance of doing any thing until then. Don't need a bone infection. I do know I am lucky, I had the saw just over the 1/2" plywood I was cutting. Don't want to think what would have happened if the blade was all the way up like some people cut wood. Down to just Motrin for pain most of the time, so I don't have that rummy felling.

Bill

Edit: finger update, all looked good today at the Dr.

Good blood flow to tip, some normal swelling on long finger, no infection. Go back in two weeks, so two more weeks of doing nothing. Did not ever think my finger would have a thread.

Update 1-20-14

Saw the Dr today healing going good. X-ray showed bone growing back together, get pin out in two weeks :D Left the Dr with only two band aids. Was told I can wash and get the index finger wet, but to keep the long finger dry, still have the pin coming out the front. Joints in the fingers are very stiff, was told to start bending. Could only bend about 5 degrees at first now up to 20 degrees I have a ways to go.

Next big hurtle is the wife; she does not want me near the table saw for some reason. She said I can hire someone to cut the boards.

Picture of where hand is now, with band aids.

Bill

billharr said:
<snip>
Next big hurtle is the wife; she does not want me near the table saw for some reason. She said I can hire someone to cut the boards.
Hey Bill, I sure understand your wife's fear but I bet you are going to be the safest guy with a table saw for a long time to come. Good luck and keep working on that range of motion!

Bill, I can commiserate with you about your fingers.
This has been a tough winter on extremities.

Q3PKx6K.jpg

Back
Top Bottom