Bishop, California Area - March 2019

ski3pin

Belay On
Site Team
We took off for on quick weekend trip. We wanted to find a lonely spot, "far from the cares that are" and far from anyone else. Did it work out for us? Well, I have the story and photos posted to our blog. You can come along and find out. You can find it here -

Bishop, California Area - March 2019

We hope you enjoy! :)

What a great trip. I’m heading in that direction on Tuesday for the week and thanks again for taking us along on another great adventure.

“Since there was not a tour bus in sight, we thought it safe to make a dash into Erick Schats Bakery to purchase a Mule Kick Sandwich for lunch in the park. A Mule Kick is a roast beef sandwich on sourdough with sliced jalapeño peppers, a sandwich that will wake you up to meet the rest of the day. Too many jalapeños in one bite and you can see jesus.”

I swear I just spit hot tea most of the way across the family room. That got ahold of my funny bone and didn’t want to turn loose.

I haven’t tried a Mule Kick, but I’ve had a little sashimi with enough wasabi to improve my vision considerably, after the tears subsided.

Thanks for the link and info on Curly Fletcher. I’ve heard a number of those poems in songs, but didn’t know the origins, Don Edwards sings some of them.

A bit of history from Michael Martin Murphy.

As always, thank you for letting us tag along on another Ski3pin adventure!

Great story about familiar shared spaces.

Side note:
I've had trouble accessing your blog from my phone, and the links posted here take me to a blank page.

I've figured out it's better to read your posts on Blogger, which is the app for that platform. I've now got you bookmarked, and should be able to at least try to keep up with your prolific writing and excellent travels.

I went back through my notes and research and discovered my error. I was probably combining two different stories from two locations. I have updated/corrected my blog story with this link to Mono County Sheriff's Office -

Single Vehicle Rollover

Badgerrussell said:
Hi,

What was the date when the person was crushed by the car ?
Very sad.

Thanks for the kind comment and have a great trip! :)

firemen7 said:
What a great trip. I’m heading in that direction on Tuesday for the week and thanks again for taking us along on another great adventure.

Mule Kick Sandwich will also get you singing and remembering all those cowboy songs you love! Thanks for the kind comment, Mr. Sage! :)

Wandering Sagebrush said:
“Since there was not a tour bus in sight, we thought it safe to make a dash into Erick Schats Bakery to purchase a Mule Kick Sandwich for lunch in the park. A Mule Kick is a roast beef sandwich on sourdough with sliced jalapeño peppers, a sandwich that will wake you up to meet the rest of the day. Too many jalapeños in one bite and you can see jesus.”

I swear I just spit hot tea most of the way across the family room. That got ahold of my funny bone and didn’t want to turn loose.

I haven’t tried a Mule Kick, but I’ve had a little sashimi with enough wasabi to improve my vision considerably, after the tears subsided.

Thanks for the link and info on Curly Fletcher. I’ve heard a number of those poems in songs, but didn’t know the origins, Don Edwards sings some of them.

A bit of history from Michael Martin Murphy.

As always, thank you for letting us tag along on another Ski3pin adventure!

Lighthawk, thanks for the kind words and also the information about accessing the blog. :)

Lighthawk said:
Great story about familiar shared spaces.

Side note:
I've had trouble accessing your blog from my phone, and the links posted here take me to a blank page.

I've figured out it's better to read your posts on Blogger, which is the app for that platform. I've now got you bookmarked, and should be able to at least try to keep up with your prolific writing and excellent travels.

Thanks Frank for the nice comment. I've heard some folks call that outcropping "Phallic Rock". That's kind of expected and ordinary. We much rather start digging to find a mythical dragon than the remains of Paul Bunyan down in all that welded tuff. :)

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Thanks Ski.The "dragon tongue" pretty cool.
You should just wait around a few million years and find out
what is uncovered.
Great story's.
Frank

Hello SKI

Your words and images capture so very well what is most important to us in our travels.

When I am bummed out by all life's crowded places and situations I thank goodness that so few folks enjoy what you are talking about.

Heaven forbid there become a facebook page for "quiet empty spaces."

David Graves

We were in the same neck of the woods. I was coming back from a glorious week (6 days) at Saline Valley and I saw a lot of pop ups, but I missed you all.

I'm glad you were able to grab a sandwich at Schat's. When I went by, the place was a mad house with lines out the door, so I had to settle on a hot dog and a bag of Funyuns at the gas station.

Thanks for sharing your trip.

Thanks for the ride along. If I were camped there, I would never want to leave. Silence is golden and we always love the coyotes and especially the owls. There calls put you to sleep and wake you up with a smile. Wonderful trip. jd

Back
Top Bottom