Black Lagun Table Leg System

I saw those and was drooling a bit.

I made 2 different sized tabletops out of 3/4" bamboo to use alternately on a single set of the silver leg\post and swingarm. Both tables have the Lagun table mount for quick change if needed. I was thinking black would look nifty for the Lagun parts. I have 2 sets of just the small leg\post mounting brackets on different sides of the camper for different uses\#of people. When not in use the tabletops lock into storage brackets I made for inside my hawk shell so they are out of the way.

On the topic of Lagun stuff in general, one thing I did right away when I got the original setup was toss the awkward (to me) tightening handles and went with a jig\bicycle quick release type of adjusting handles that I got from Rockler. Sure makes adjusting the various parts a ton easier for me. https://www.rockler.com/cam-clamp I used the 5/16 size and got 3 stainless 2 1/2" carriage bolts to use with them. They work pretty well for me. Oh and the color matches the Lagun sticker, go figure.

Maddogs said:

I made 2 different sized tabletops out of 3/4" bamboo to use alternately on a single set of the silver leg\post and swingarm. Both tables have the Lagun table mount for quick change if needed. I was thinking black would look nifty for the Lagun parts. I have 2 sets of just the small leg\post mounting brackets on different sides of the camper for different uses\#of people. When not in use the tabletops lock into storage brackets I made for inside my hawk shell so they are out of the way.

On the topic of Lagun stuff in general, one thing I did right away when I got the original setup was toss the awkward (to me) tightening handles and went with a jig\bicycle quick release type of adjusting handles that I got from Rockler. Sure makes adjusting the various parts a ton easier for me. https://www.rockler.com/cam-clamp I used the 5/16 size and got 3 stainless 2 1/2" carriage bolts to use with them. They work pretty well for me. Oh and the color matches the Lagun sticker, go figure.
That's a great idea! I broke one of the plastic handles, so need a replacement anyway. Do you happen to know the thread size/count?

The 5/16 carriage bolt has 18 tpi - standard hardware store variety 5/16-18.

I originally got these from Zoro to do the same job but they were too bulky in use in my opinion (over 4" long) and one of the three was shipped with the wrong barrel thread for the included bolt so that turned out not a good idea. I ended up using them for something else. https://www.zoro.com/kipp-cam-lever-aluminum-516-18-internal-thread-96-mm-long-k000525011a3/i/G9194939

What is good about the Rocker version is the little upwards turned lip at the end that allows you to get a finger under it to loosen when tightened against something hard. The zoro and most others don't have that.

Maddogs said:

That is a great idea. thx for posting.

Back
Top Bottom